WINNER WONDERLAND

The Westin Minneapolis
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Spring Break in Minneapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We couldn't get out of Minnesota for spring break this year so we took the kids to our favorite hotel The Westin. They kids enjoyed the pool and our spacious suite with two separate bedrooms. LOVE heavenly beds!!!! We had amazing dinner and breakfast in the BANK restaurant. The food is amazing and the staff is very attentive. We can't wait to come back to the Westin for another enjoyable time!

1 Thank Ally13M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent one night in downtown Minneapolis to celebrate my birthday and stayed the the Westin. The location is easily accessible to shopping and restaurants downtown. The room was very clean, very comfortable, decent size, and very well appointed. The only think about the room was the small bathroom that was a bit awkward due the location of the toilet and the swing of the door ... other than that, our room was perfect. We were on the fifth floor - the view was okay, nothing spectacular. I did enjoy the black-and-white historical photos throughout the common areas of the hotel. Check-in was quick, easy, and efficient. While they offer valet parking, I chose to self-park. Meters in downtown east of 2nd avenue are not enforced after 6pm on Friday. I was able to leave my car with the valet while I checked-in. After hauling luggage up to my room, I came back downstairs and drove my car 2-1/2 blocks away and was able to park on the street. The lobby is fabulous - formerly a bank lobby. We had a cocktail and enjoyed $5 happy hour appetizers in the lobby bar. We paid $94 +tax which was an excellent value for this property. I highly recommend the Westin Minneapolis

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris0329
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I would totally love this hotel. It's beautiful and contemporary and it's a great location.

The beds are very comfortable. The pool is really nice, especially in march. Clean locker room.

We were close to the best downtown bars in town.

So why only 4 stars from me? I had trouble connecting to the wifi in the room, over and over again, and that's on top of having to pay for it. I did get the wifi to work well in the lobby, which is a great place to hang out, so it wasn't too much of a hassle. Maybe 4 1/2 stars.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JIdle
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Good:
- gorgeous lobby, and front desk staff were friendly (if a little too chatty, keeping people waiting longer than necessary).
- nice room. comfortable beds, very clean and nice toiletries.
- the view!
- the location...right in the middle of downtown, within walking distance to multiple bars and restaurants.
- didn't give us any crap when we came back from dinner with 5 people carrying pillows, backbacks, games, and booze. The front desk person just smiled at us.
- quiet halls and friendly cleaning staff.
- the pool is REALLY cool-looking, nice hot tub, and clean locker rooms.

The Bad:
- the pool was FREEZING. The water and the room were both ice cold. Getting in dry was bad enough, trying to get in after sitting in the hot tub was a death sentence. I don't know if the stainless steel made it worse, but damn people...a pool room shouldn't be 60 degrees!
- the Wi-Fi isn't free, and didn't work.
- The people working in the restaurant/bar were very very rude and unfriendly. The front desk person informed us that the bar had a happy hour, so we went over and sat ourselves. The waitress came over, slapped napkins down in front of us, and stared at us, without a greeting or anything. When we asked her about the happy hour, she kind of scoffed and said "what happy hour? We don't have one." Which would have been fine...without the attitude. We ended up walking to a nearby restaurant for their happy hour.

I'd definitely stay there again, but I wouldn't eat at their restaurant, unless their surly staff has had some training or been replaced. Also, HEAT YOUR POOL ROOM!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank NellieX
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is an absolute must if your traveling to Minneapolis. From the minute our family walked in we felt like royalty. My daughter was on spring break last week and we decided spend the weekend in downtown. We had dinner at their restaurant Bank. The staff was outstanding and they made our night perfect. Compliments to the Chef!!!! The rooms were a nice size and the heavenly bed was out of this world comfortable. Honestly, I have not slept that good in years:-) My wife and I were so impressed we already made a reservation for our anniversary coming up in June.

1 Thank Nick T
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were quite nice clean and comfortable. We liked that for a large hotel, the layout made it seem smaller and allowed for minimal traffic and noise in halls. We had little interaction with staff, however what we had was pleasant. Convenient location. Great value for a weekend stay!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Rachel F
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent a night with my daughter and granddaughter after not having seen them for 4 years. It was just one night away from the rest of the family to reconnect. The hotel is right downtown which is one of my favorite places in Minnesota. Valet was right on the spot to take my car, the lobby is gorgeous and FD staff were extremely nice, despite my black eye (I fainted and ended up with a black eye but when you're a woman with one, it seems people assume you're abused and like to stare). Our room was beautiful and my 5 year old granddaughter loved the pool. We ordered room service for dinner and it was timely and delicious. I highly recommend the crab cake sliders. Checkout was a breeze, bill was correct. Great stay.

1 Thank Terri S