WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“All Around Fantatstic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel is an absolute must if your traveling to Minneapolis. From the minute our family walked in we felt like royalty. My daughter was on spring break last week and we decided spend the weekend in downtown. We had dinner at their restaurant Bank. The staff was outstanding and they made our night perfect. Compliments to the Chef!!!! The rooms were a nice size and the heavenly bed was out of this world comfortable. Honestly, I have not slept that good in years:-) My wife and I were so impressed we already made a reservation for our anniversary coming up in June.

1 Thank Nick T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chetek, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were quite nice clean and comfortable. We liked that for a large hotel, the layout made it seem smaller and allowed for minimal traffic and noise in halls. We had little interaction with staff, however what we had was pleasant. Convenient location. Great value for a weekend stay!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Rachel F
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I spent a night with my daughter and granddaughter after not having seen them for 4 years. It was just one night away from the rest of the family to reconnect. The hotel is right downtown which is one of my favorite places in Minnesota. Valet was right on the spot to take my car, the lobby is gorgeous and FD staff were extremely nice, despite my black eye (I fainted and ended up with a black eye but when you're a woman with one, it seems people assume you're abused and like to stare). Our room was beautiful and my 5 year old granddaughter loved the pool. We ordered room service for dinner and it was timely and delicious. I highly recommend the crab cake sliders. Checkout was a breeze, bill was correct. Great stay.

1 Thank Terri S
Rogers, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My recent visit to the Westin Minneapolis was as good as it gets. From check in to our breakfast the next morning the staff, service, rooms, food and beverage were all outstanding!
My wife and I celebrated special event on 3/22/13 and the staff at the Westin Minneapolis made it even more special. Food is amazing as is the property itself!

Mike and Kelly Colosimo

Room Tip: Any room you chose is a winner! Beautiful property!!!! Thank you to all at the Westin Minneapolis...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel is very pretty and located in an old bank building. The bathroom was very small and awkward to use. The door was constantly in the way. The room was not very quite. We were able to hear when people were in the hall. We were also not at all impressed with the service and food in the restaurant. It took over ten minutes to get our bill.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank samisue53
Matt T, Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hi,

On behalf of the staff at The Westin Minneapolis, I’d like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as well as your honesty with us, as it only helps us see where we need to improve. I’d like to assure you that we have and will continue to address your concerns.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. It is very upsetting to hear and I hope that you will give us a second chance and let us provide you with the exceptional customer service you were expecting.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

A couple of my girlfriend's and I headed to Minneapolis for a weekend getaway. I had purchased a Groupon for the Westin in Minneapolis and was extremely excited to be staying at such a nice hotel for such a reasonable price. I had called ahead and talked to a representative that was recommended by Groupon to ensure that my reservation had went through and to also request a refrigerator and a view of downtown. I was reassured that this would not be an issue. Upon arrival, we did have to pay $34 for valet parking which is to be expected in downtown Minneapolis. There are parking garages close by that were cheaper, but it is much more convenient to park at the hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is located inside an old bank that has been renovated. Staff was extremely friendly at check-in. My only complaint would be that we did not receive the additional refrigerator in our room as promised nor did we have a view of downtown. Our room faced some weird inner room area that was enclosed and did not have a view of the outside in any way. The rooms were extremely clean and the bathroom was large. We did visit the pool and hot tub which were both also very nice. The hotel is in a perfect location as there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. We were also able to hop on the train that is located directly behind the hotel and takes you to the Mall of America for a very small fee. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great hotel located in a perfect location.

Room Tip: You may want to remind staff at check-in if you have any special requests for the room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank l0ve2travel_12
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a very nice downtown hotel. The room size was nice compared to the Radisson nearby. Clean, great location, awesome rain shower head, and connected to the skyway. I did not give this hotel 5 stars because of the restaurant/bar staff. Waitress was not helpful and had an attitude. As stated on another review we missed having a plug near the bed for our phones. Not sure if I have a super sensitive nose, but the lobby area had a very strong floral smell that gave me a headache instantly. Beautiful hotel!

• 3 of 5 bubbles