“The very courteous and highly capable staff made our stay at this hotel a truly pleasurable experience”

The Westin Minneapolis
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Minneapolis Westin Is truly exceptional. Every aspect of our stay, from the greeting off the valets and reception, to the dining, to the room itself exceeded our expectations.

What seems to make this hotel truly exceptional is the quality, capability and courtesy of the staff. Every person we encountered in the Minneapolis Westin hotel seemed to genuinely care that we have a good experience while we were there

Thank you Minneapolis Westin for a great weekend getaway we will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Saugatuck67

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at what a great hotel this is. It was very upscale with a great pool and whirlpool. Great location on the skyway. Very close to all the downtown eateries. My wife and I went for a Valentines weekend and it was a great pick.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Merelymike
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Booked through Priceline the day before. I called the hotel to request 2 beds since we'd have our teenage son with. Many hotels tell me we need to wait until check-in to request this, but they put the request on our reservation. Not only did we get the 2 beds, but we were upgraded to a deluxe city view. The room was phenomenal! Huge! Modern bathroom! Comfortable beds! I can't say enough about the rooms. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. Different from kid-friendly pools, though. There was a handicap-accessible chair, which you don't see many places. Pool area includes a hot tub. The weight room was great! The hotel was very classy. We felt safe and secure there. We had a leaky faucet, but not a big deal, told the front desk at check-out. Only complaint would be that the front desk didn't tell us about the skywalk when we asked for directions. Cold, windy walk! We saw it there, but didn't know if it went by our hotel. Barnes and Noble told us about it while we were shopping, so we took it all the way back to the hotel. We'd like to go back and spend more time here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pc350
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I bid priceline when I stay in Minneapolis and have stayed at the W many times, a Starwood property, but; this visit I got the Westin for the first time. I walked in and loved the Bank, hotel lobby restaurant was formerly a bank. Upon check in, I like to pay for incidentals with a cash deposit, saves allot of errors when I am traveling. I gave a 200 deposit, no worries. I checked into a lovely room, noticed some stains on my sofa which is unusual for a Starwood property, the room was otherwise clean and very comfortable. I had a meeting and with travel had not had time to eat for the last few meals. I sat at the bar to order lunch. The bartender never even made eye contact with me and this lasted for about ten minutes. I expected him at some point to say he would eventually get to me. Another guest walked over demanded a beer, could not make up his mind and then commented that he gets what he wants and they jump for him. Literally that was quite true, and I found his manners and comments so rude, even ruder was the bartender ignoring me further, when I got up to leave, he finally asked me if I needed something I said, and kiss off. I was mad a regret that comment. I am nice person, but; the whole display was so ridiculous. I went to the front desk and they let me know the other guest was a platinum member, which made me even more livid. The manager of the restaurant was so accommodating and I was served immediately. the server Debra was exceptional and I tipped her well. I got to my room and decided to watch a movie, was told I could not since my deposit was for smoking. I have never smoked in my life, I did not get a mini bar key and was told if I did not like it I could leave. I called the GM and told him my experiences. He told me I swore at the bar tender, not true. He believed him over me. I was shocked and obviously hope I never stay there again. I did eat twice again and Debra helped me both times, Her attitude service is exactly what a Starwood experience should be. New front desk people where there when I checked out and they were fun, accommodating and again with an attitude that I would expect from this hotel. The GM needs to realize a 52 professional woman who generally loves where I stay and my experiences was obviously very offended and the some of his staff handled themselves quite poorly. I do want to say The Bank has delicious healthful food. I enjoyed Debra immensely and she is a total asset to your staff. Also, you allow travelers to bid on priceline for rooms, they should not be treated with less respect and value than others guests. Being a smart traveler who stays about 250 nights a year in a hotel with very few complaints ever is someone he should also value! I raised my son's to show respect for a woman, especially when she is waiting for service, not to demand service over her. Basic respect and decorum regardless of you being a PLATINUM member, the status does not give you class!

Room Tip: Room was great, I have only stayed this visit, so location was very nice for me. I also want to say...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Westinmpls, General Manager at The Westin Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Westin Guest,

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and have shared yours with our staff. After reviewing the situation at hand, we have found that unsuitable behavior took place, which is not tolerated at our hotel. All of our team members understand that each guest is just as important as the next, so I apologize if you feel that we did not measure up to your standards. That being said, we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received from another associate on our team. Thank you for your feedback.

Mark Deinhart

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The downtown Westin in Minneapolis was once a bank. The lobby is actually where the tellers once worked and the dinner rooms along the side of the lobby were once loan officer offices. The remodeling is awesome as they preserved the vault and various artifacts from the bank. Finally, as an added touch the restaurant itself is called the BANK. Great food, great service and a great atmosphere. I would recommend the lobby bar for after work cocktails and recommend the BANK's rooms for any private work function. Oh yeah, the rooms are nice with the traditional heavenly quality of the Westin.

Room Tip: I would recommend a high floor to get away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulphillips3rd
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Property is convenient to light rail, 25 min ride from airport.
Beautiful room, clean and very quite.
Staff was outstanding:
Gene was working the door and welcomed us into the hotel. We had taken the light rail and walked in the 0 degrees the short block to the front door. He escorted us to the elevator with a smile and explanations of the hotel. He continued to assist us throughout our stay with cabs and directions. He was most obliging in taking our picture and helping us check in for our flight. He is a natural extrovert and seems to truly enjoy assisting others.

Sean, took things to an extraordinary level which you might call above and beyond great service.

On Sunday morning we checked out around 6:30 am and he looked up the schedule for the light rail and bundled us out the door. It was when I arrived at the airport I realized that I had left my billfold. Sean went to the room and quickly discovered the billfold. Realizing that we would miss our flight, he offered to come to the airport to deliver it to us. We had some time but realized it would be close. Sean also works a second job at the airport and knows his way around. He was in constant contact with us by cell phone. He instructed us to wait at the TSA station which was closest to our departure gate. Most of all he was completely confident that this would all work out. I must admit my anxiety was rising as we looked across the terminal at 8:35 and no Sean. Then we saw him moving as quickly as he could toward us. We made it with 3 minutes to spare. They closed the doors when we got on and our flight pushed away from the gate right on time at 9 am.
The workout room was great. Lots of machines, mats to stretch on. The pool was inviting however I didn't bring my swim suit.
The wonderful deep tub in the room was great after a good workout.
Highly recommend this hotel. Downtown quiet even though we were on the 3rd floor no street noise was detected.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaryC2012
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Unbelievable! This hotel is well worth every dime! The service was friendly, helpful and accommodating. I called for additional towels and toilet paper in the evening. Within 10 minutes my request was fulfilled. Then the front desk personnel called to make sure my needs were not only met- but met my satisfaction. The rooms were very clean and the beds were heavenly. Although parking can be a challenge- you soon forget this minor inconvenience once inside. Will recommend to anyone who asks!

• Stayed: January 2013