“Very cool hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very cool hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here around and during the 4th of July. I go to Minneapolis a lot so I'd already had some drinks at the cool bar that sits in the center of the lobby of this one-time bank several times before.

I was glad to finally give this place a try! The beds were comfy, the gym was more than adequate having even complimentary earphones, and the atmosphere is great.

The bathroom configuration in the room I was in was pretty strange, however. The door opened inwards and was just sort of awkward and annoying. You had to step in and close the door to get around it. Doesn't sound like much but it was weird.

They do offer some lame reward for going "green" by not having your room serviced. It's like 5 bucks towards I'm not sure what. I couldn't use it at the bar for drinks, I couldn't use it for the things I got at the shop area next to the front desk, and it just seemed pointless. I gave up fresh stuff for monopoly money but whatever. Just think it seems dumb.

I wish I remembered the dude's name but the guy in a white jacket standing at the side entrance was awesome and very helpful with things as simple as a good place to get coffee and how to maneuver the indoor walkways.

Overall though, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank HarryDiggs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a property I stay at frequently and I always have a fabulous experience. This room had everything I needed/requested even before I got to my room. The food was excellent and the restaurant staff were great! I love this location mostly because it's a couple blocks off the main drag where too many people are hanging around....I feel much safer here. Yet, it's right off Nicollet and immediate access to the skyway system....perfect location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. Could'nt be happier with the hotel. Enjoy the fact that is was in an old bank building and they did a ncie job converting it to a hotel. The staff was warm and friendly. I enjoyed eating at the BANK bar with the friendly bartenders. The food was excellent. I was on the 7th floor and on a side room. Even though it was semi close to the elevator and ice machine, it didnt bother me much as a light sleep. The hotel was sold out. Will stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great lobby architecture! Rooms are all different sizes and shapes; I found my room to be large and a bit sparse. The shower had the usual double Westin showerhead, and my room had the body sprayers, which were just short of a car wash. The room was clean and furnishings where in good shape, but the hallways needed to be vacuumed. My pet peeve for this class of hotel and above is charging for WIFI, at the prices I paid it should be free.

I suggest you check prices on Hotels.com they were 30% less than SPG.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank emannh
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I'm a heavy traveler but have little experience with Westin. I selected this hotel because it was close to my client meetings. WOW. The hotel - a converted old bank, is BEAUTIFUL and well designed. My room was luxurious and comfortable. Down the to emenities - everything was well designed, clean and comfortable. The towels were plush and soft. The staff friendly and receptive.
Also - I had a chance to have lunch in their lobby restaurant (also beautiful) - and it was delicious. HIghly recommended!!! I WILL always return to this Westin when I need a room in downtown Minneapolis. If this hotel is representative of Westins everywhere, I'll be staying at them more!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChrisFromCincinnati
De Pere, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here one night, nice hotel. The room was clean and had a nice new flat screen. Somewhat small room, but for two people there was plenty of space. Well appointed bathroom with double shower heads. The entrance to the hotel is very grand. The staff, valets and BANK bar staff was excellent. It is right downtown, we walked to a Twins Game and took us less than 10 minutes. Nice place, I'd return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katie K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights (Tues-Thurs) and found the staff friendly and helpful. I love the Starbucks coffee and complimentary water. You can choose to use your sheets more than one night and get a $5 coupon for use in the hotel. I didn't use the coupon but appreciate the gesture. Internet is not free buy easy to set up and you can call down for access on two devices. I found the hotel using Priceline but would pay double the price (as found on the website) to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012