“Absolutely Wonderful”

The Westin Minneapolis
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great rooms, great service, beautifully restored historic building and great location. Will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Westin Minneapolis

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the second time when we were in Mpls for a Twin's Game. Check-in was instantaneous! The staff members were friendly and accomodating. The room was wonderful with a bed that rivals those at the Graves 601 hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was a nice size and had a window which overlooked 6th Street.

We enjoyed the happy hour which had some great deals. The bartenders were especially friendly including the manager in training from the East Coast who then visited with us the next morning when we were eating breakfast. Breakfast was good, but a bit pricey at $42.00.

This is a great hotel with a ton of character! I highly recommend it. It is close to shopping, eating establishments and Target Field/Target Center.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferBenson_MN
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Westin a well situation hotel in a renovated bank building near business, shopping the the light rail to MSP airport and Mall of America.
I arrived late and left early. The room was a good size, well appointed etc.
They missed an excellent rating because of no wake up call as requested. Could have been an issue if i did not set a backup alarm.
I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Although my girlfriend and I live in town, we love getting away, and spending time at The Westin Minneapolis. The amazing staff, great rooms, and Ambiance make for an amazing stay/experience...not to mention the easy access to the wonderful bars and restaurants off of Nicolett and Frist Ave.

Room Tip: The suites and Penthouse Suites are amazing...and the beds are so comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

It was like coming home (only better as I did not have to do the dishes) after a long day at the office. The room was perfection and the bed made me hit the snooze alarm once or twice, truth be told. I have to say one of the nicest items about this hotel is the staff. You can find a lovely bed almost anywhere, but finding a staff that greets you with a friendly demeanor, no matter what time of day is a rarity. The Light Rail service was experiencing delays while I was there and I believe her name was either Angela, or Adriana, and she spent probably 15 mins. helping me find an alternate way, even calling the Metra station. She should definitely be commended for her dedication on 7/8/11 around 11:45 or Noon. Only complaint was the somewhat limited roomservice menu, but the area has a lot of restaurants for convenience.

Room Tip: I did not have a fantastic city view, but did not care the least. The rooms are so lovely regardles...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here July 3-5. When we arrived, we were fortunate enough to find a parking spot right in front of the hotel. It was a Sunday and the free parking on the street was wide open. If you are there on a weekend, it seems like it is much easier to find parking and not use the $30.00/night valet.

Check in was very fast and easy to find. Our room was clean and we had a great view of downtown.

The pool area was small, but very tranquil. It had some relaxing music playing and I felt like I was relaxing at a spa.

The are many restaurants and bars to choose from in the area. We ate at a place called The Newsroom. It is located on the corner of 9th and Nicollet. They had a huge selection of beer/wine and fabulous outdoor seating.

We went to the lobby bar after dinner to get a glass of wine. (You can not purchase wine/liquor on a Sunday in Minnesota. It is the state law, You can only buy it at a restaurant or bar.) We enjoyed a glass of wine and my husband ordered the Red Velvet Cake. If there is one thing you have to try, that would be it!! It is FABULOUS...AMAZING...DELICIOUS.....I never order dessert, but I would DEFINITELY order this! I had a bite and wanted to eat the entire piece! You have to try it to really understand how amazing it is. I would DEFINITELY order it again.

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed at the Westin Minneapolis for a recent family wedding. While the room was small, the price was very reasonable at $103.00 a night. The hotel is situated in a great location, within walking distance to shops and restaurants. You may want to park at a nearby public parking facility, as the valet parking is a little steep - $30.00 plus tax.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family