“Great service!!! Luxurious atmosphere, and Mouthwatering Food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Minneapolis

You added The Westin Minneapolis to your Saves list
The Westin Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402-1114 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great service!!! Luxurious atmosphere, and Mouthwatering Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel was fantastic. Located right downtown (easy to get to everything) and the staff was so friendly, I thought they had me mistaken for some VIP!

Seriously, the people who worked here seemed to genuinely enjoy their day yet maintained the utmost professionalism.

I missed my original flight to Minneapolis and had to call and cancel my first night at the hotel because the next flight out wasn't until the next morning. I was worried about getting charged a penalty fee (since it was Easter weekend and the place was completely booked!) but the employees were so kind it was no trouble at all, they just said no problem and thanks for letting us know, apologizing to me for the trouble I had had.

The atmosphere of this place is very luxurious, with cool modern decor and soft soothing lighting. The bar/restaurant is conveniently located as soon as you walk in and creates a great meeting place for friends or co-workers. Tommy at the bar was very attentive.

Did I mention the food was amazing? I'm glad I was able to eat there actually, as I was doubtful that I would have time to sit down, but I asked the host and he said it would be no trouble and that if I was in a hurry he would call me a cab when he brought the check! Very fast service, 5 star food, and such friendly people!!

Lastly I would like to purchase the bed from my room. What do they call it? The dream bed? Yes it was. I hit the pillow and was out like a light, and I didn't budge all night.

Thank you to the people at the Westin and BANK for being so accommodating. You really made a stressful weekend feel like a breeze.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank MouseyNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I stayed at the Westin while on a business trip consulting for a restaurant that is soon to be opened.
As a chef I was delighted that not just the hotel rooms were nice but also the food at Bank was delicious. Me and my partners ordered a selection of appetizers of the menu and were happy about the swift and friendly service as we didn't have much time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Had a wonderful time and have only great things to say about the Westin Minneapolis. If you are looking for an elegant central location with all the amenities, a professional, courteous staff and a first-class restaurant -- this is the place for you!

The room was quite spacious and well-appointed including large screen TV. Best of all, the bed was very comfortable and afforded me a deep restful sleep. It was very quiet -- although the hotel appeared to be quite full, I never heard a sound from the adjoining rooms or hall.

The staff was courteous, prompt, and friendly. I left my hanging clothes on a table near check-in and when I realized and went down to look for them, they had already locked them in a side room and quickly retrieved them for me.

You are right in the center of town with easy access to anywhere you might want to go. There is a large modern mall to one side that can be entered across a catwalk without needing to go outside. I had forgotten a few items, and it was quick and easy to find anything from clothing to personal items.

I ate at BANK several times and enjoyed their central bar and cozy couches. The food was superb, I kept going back. Kudos to the chef! I am still thinking of the marrow poutine, the crab cakes, and the hangar steak -- everything was excellent with generous portions. The wine selection was comprehensive and sophisticated and gave excellent value. A great place to meet friends, relax with business associates, or share a romantic evening.

I will be back my next time in Minneapolis, it couldn't have been a better stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank choroni03
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

No detail is overlooked. You feel very special. A very refreshing and rewarding experience!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

The service at the hotel was excellent. During checkin I inquired if they had any Westin kids club kits, and when they did not Jason ran to Target and got my kids some magic marker activity booklets. They had a conference so we were not able to get an upgrade until a few days into our stay, they remembered without having to bug them. When checking out there were additional Valet charges (I ended up parking at the garage connected via the skyway to save a few bucks), Jason removed them without any argument.

The first room we had, did not have any outside windows but was large enough to have 2 queen beds and we had them deliver a roll away bed. The suite was larger but the kids didn't like the pull out bed as much.

The room service food was mediocre and overpriced, but that's what I'd normally expect. There are plenty other places to visit, it was just the easiest to do after driving all day. Thankfully the have a nice kids selection.

We opted out of housecleaning to get points instead, but when we ran low of some supplies the house cleaning staff in the hallways were very courteous and helpful.

The pool while small entertained the kids. We also enjoyed exploring the skyway which is connected to the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin and we both were very pleased!!

We were greeted with the valet who were running to open my door! How impressive! Made me feel so special!

The restaurant and lobby are absolutely beautiful!! The staff at the front desk (especially Chris) were so friendly and accomodating to all our needs. Chris suggested all the restaurants we should try and also made all our reservations! He was wonderful!

Our room was great! It was spacious with very nice modern decor. The beds were very comfortable!! The bathroom was very nice but there was only a shower and no bathtub.

The location of the hotel is downtown with some very nice pubs just down the street and just a small walk to Fogo de Chao...the best Brazillian restaurant ever!!

Overall, our experience with this hotel was amazing! We would definitely recommend and are definitely coming back soon!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Had the opportunity to stay at the Westin downtown again last week and as always, it was perfect. A great comfortable sleeping room a friendly and attentive staff. I had clients in for a meeting and lunch in one of the private dining rooms off of the main restaurant and they were impressed! The food was excellent and the room was perfect - (awesome LCD video monitor). If you're looking for comfort, quality and top notch service, you won't find a better value.

P.S. - If the only negative thing I can think of is that I had to call down for an ironing board, I'd say it's a pretty great place...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business