“Best Dinner & Show Package in Minneapolis ”
Review of Acme Comedy Co.

Acme Comedy Co.
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Acme & Sticks have a great date night package. Lemonchello marcaphone & Salted Caramel cheesecake were excellent. Cajun chicken pasta was phenomenal and the carafe drinks are heaven. The servers are knowledgeable and friendly.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"audience"
"viewing"

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Waited in line for 15mins to park in the lot across the street. Then, after buying tickets 2 mos in advance, we got seated at a table that was obstructed by a pillar. It took an act of Congress to get an unobstructed seat. Not a very good venue for a show. If you do go, I guess you have to get there extremely early to get a decent seat.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

We booked a dinner and show and it was absolutely worth the money. You can see from the pics the menu looks a little dated and the prices seem high but you get quite a bit of good food for the price! With the package we purchased you get up to (I think) $18 of food, drinks and tip are not included, but none of us went over that, or finished all our food! The show was good, kind of hit or miss based on the comedian! But the Acme is an absolute must see if you're in Minneapolis!!! They frequently get nationally known comics to do a night or two so we joined their mailing list to get first dibs on tickets. So worth it!!!

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

There's a reason why the likes of Louis CK have called Acme on of their favorite rooms. The layout of the room/stage focuses the entire room perfectly and the chairs are comfy.

We bought the dinner and show package. You don't sit in the club for dinner. We found that the restaurant did a better job on the ribs and steaks than they did on the fish. When I asked the waitress which of the two - steak or ribs- should I get, she said "we make a great steak." I rarely eat an entire steak as I did at "Sticks" (the name of the attached restaurant); usually I either get tired of the flavor or the request for medium rare is unevenly applied. I devoured every bit and the green beans were perfectly crisp.

Where did they fall short? Stupid stuff. Stuff you could fix with $40 and a polite word with the semi dormant box office staff. The bathrooms. No soap. Paper towel machine empty (at the beginning of the night, no less). The paper towel roll that was left was sitting in a mini water puddle. Charming. There should be a sign:"patrons must wipe hands on pants before returning to show room". It's a comedy club so I don't need a guy throwing $5 mints at me after I pee - but a clean bathroom says a lot about what the owner thinks of its patrons.