“Awesome”

Ranked #75 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great food, try items you'd normally wouldn't think of, they all taste great. Very busy on the weekends and nights, you might be standing and waiting a while.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a group of 6 from 4 families and had a great time sharing delicious food. We ordered family style and had a wonderful supper together. The pulled pork was excellent, and the variety of side a banquet!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We frequent the St Paul location and this was our first experience at the Mpls location. My eleven year old and I were having a girls day out and we were following up our painting experience with lunch at Brasa. We were seated at a two top which was only about 12" away from our neighboring two top and felt a bit awkward. My daughter ordered a ginger ale. When it was brought out it was in a bottle. In StP when we have ginger ale it is freshly made, not bottled. I asked the server why we got it in a bottle, she said their location is not large enough so they have a scaled back selection. Understandable but what frustrated me is she didn't bother to ask if the bottle we had was okay. One of our favorite things to order there, and why we chose to go to Brasa that day, is the savory plantains. We were told they only had the sweet variety available which we do not favor. I've never had that experience in StP with not being able to get the savory be it we just happened to get there on the right days or they do not alternate as MPL does I'm not sure. Needless to say we went into our experience expecting what we get in StP and this did not even come close. Portion sizes were minimal in comparison, presentation was different, service was odd, luckily the food taste was generally the same. If you have an option, head to StP instead, it's worth the trip.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Don't waste your time going to Brasa Minneapolis unless (1) you are a party of 2 or less; or (2) your complete party has arrived at Brasa at the same time and there are tables available. Brasa does not take reservations NOR do they seat you until your complete party is present, even though you have every intention of ordering drinks and food while waiting! Rude experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

As a Minneapolis resident, I have eaten at Brasa numerous times and, until now, would have considered myself a fan. But two recent events have changed my perspective. First, on a visit a few months ago, we ordered "large" portions and received what was easily a small or medium sized portion instead. When I mentioned this to our server, our got a begrudging shrug and no apologies or effort to improve the experience. Because the food is so outstanding, we tried again after avoiding the restaurant because of our experience. So, on our most recent visit, we brought family from out of town. We requested a table of 6, but were told we couldn't be seated until our entire party was present. 4 out of the 6 of us were present, and I told the host we would gladly start ordering food (all food is family style) while we waited for our remaining 2 guests to arrive. By the time the food came out, everyone would be present! But I was told until the remaining two arrived (who, go figure, were stuck in snowy traffic), we were out of luck. So we waited and watched as all remaining tables filled up. When our remaining guests arrived, about 15 minutes later, we were then put on the wait list and were told it would be at least 30 minutes, if not longer, until a table was available. This, after already waiting in a cold dark corner of the restaurant. When I confronted the host about this policy, and mentioned that our group would have gladly started ordering food and drinks while we waited, he gave me a cold shrug (do you sense a pattern here?) and told me it was in the restaurants best interest to turn tables as quickly as the can. Yep, that's right. Turning tables is more important than pleasing guests.

So, point of story, if you want good food but want to feel kind of awful as a customer, this is a great place. But, if you want good food and want to feel valued as a customer, seek somewhere different. My party ventured across the street to Red Stag, where we were seated immediately and within minutes had a drink in our hands and food on the way.

1  Thank Sara I