“Great Service!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 11th
Transit: Five block walk to the Hiawatha line on 5th and Marquette.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had lunch with a business associate early this week. When I arrived, the host/hostess was missing in action. But the wait staff was extremely helpful and had me seated in short order. Service was excellent throughout though my grill chicken sandwich was only ok. But it is a good place for business lunch downtown. It is quiet and easy to carry on business discussions unlike other spots.

There are newer reviews for Skywater

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Six of us went there right after the final Holidazzle parade- we had reservations. Apparently the restaurant staff scheduler missed the fact that it was the last night of the parade- ever - and that it was 20 degrees warmer than the last couple weekends.
The place was packed, the staff tried their best, but it was the slowest service I've ever had. 15 minutes just to get our drinks and well over an hour for our food (with no appetizers).
My burger was really good. I had the quinoa salad with it, which is on the menu listing it comes with blueberries, cranberries, and other fruit. What wasn't mentioned was the onions, celery, and who knows what else- all flavors I discovered when I took a bite of what I thought would be a sweet salad.

Bottom line, it seems like it would be a decent place if they were staffed appropriately, but ya gotta wonder why they weren't. The parade has been going on for over 20 years, and it was heavily advertised that Saturday would be the last one ever....

If I happen to be at the hotel (it's in a Hilton), I'd eat there again, but I won't go out of my way to get there

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Have eaten here multiple times over the years, although only for dinner (breakfast is undoubtedly very different). Good food, excellent service, Hotel restaurants of this class usually have very good service, and the Skywater dinner service certainly meets expectations.
Food is good as well. Short menu, as you would expect from a nicer restaurant, but a reasonable price range. Can get sandwiches (e.g., barbeque pork, Philly cheesesteak) for $8-15; other entrees tend to run $15-30. My meals have ranged from good to excellent, and my companions (usually eat in a group of 5-15) have usually liked their food quite a bit.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast buffet was way over priced. The food was subpar. The pancakes were much like the frozen ones you put in the toaster at home. It all just had that pre-packaged taste to it. Even the bacon tasted tough and cheap. It certainly was big but nothing worth 18.99! Staff was excellent though.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the breakfast buffet on two days, and dinner one night at the restaurant during our recent stay at the Hilton.

The breakfast buffet was tasty with a nice spread. The omelette station was especially good. Nima who served us on both days provided very good service. The breakfast buffet is $18.95 per day, and the continental buffet is $13.95.

We also had dinner here one night, which was more hit and miss. On the day that we went at least, this acted as a lounge with an extended menu, which was not as expansive as that of a restaurant. There also was no hostess to seat us, and we picked a table.... this meant that we had to wait a little while for service. I found it a little strange that the hotel did not have its own dinner place, although this might be because of the location, and the presence of several good restaurants within walking distance. The food and drinks as such was good, and I have no complaints about it.