“The best Irish Coffee--this is true San Francisco”
Review of The Local

The Local
Ranked #2 of 128 Nightlife in Minneapolis
Reviewed June 22, 2012

5 stars for the Irish coffee--I did not try the food. I will get shot for this by my fellow NorCal neighbors, but they make, hands down, the best Irish coffee I have ever had. Yes, I have had the standard--ones made by the Buena Vista in San Francisco. I came here 3 times during my 4 day visit to Minneapolis to determine that the experience was true. The cream is hand made in the restaurant and infused with Guiness. It is so thick that I suspect you could stand a spoon in it if it was in a bowl. How I wish I could have this pub in my home town--I'd go at least 1-2 times a week. The ambiance of the bar/restaurant is wonderful.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

really cool place...nice people, nice food, nice drinks....best of them: the big ginger! give it a try!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I went to the Britt Pub first, and like it. But the quality of the food at the Local is better IMHO.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by the food here. My friends suggested this as a place to get dinner before an orchestra concert and I was really not looking forward to it, expecting bar food, but it was great. We had the artichoke dip as an appetizer, and then for an entrée I tried the steak & mushroom pie, and it was so delicious. The “pie” aspect of it was a mashed potato crust; that combined with the gravy and tender steak was spectacular. I enjoyed the atmosphere too, with the classic dark woodwork you would expect in an Irish pub and dining alcoves. Fun place!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had been to the Local before but only visited their outdoor seating for a cocktail. We went in this weekend, and it was really nice. It was very busy but not overly crowded. We ordered the sliders off of their late night menu which were delicious. A night of drinking in downtown Minneapolis was still a pretty reasonable price.