“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of The Local

The Local
Ranked #2 of 128 Nightlife in Minneapolis
Minneapolis, Minnesota
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by the food here. My friends suggested this as a place to get dinner before an orchestra concert and I was really not looking forward to it, expecting bar food, but it was great. We had the artichoke dip as an appetizer, and then for an entrée I tried the steak & mushroom pie, and it was so delicious. The “pie” aspect of it was a mashed potato crust; that combined with the gravy and tender steak was spectacular. I enjoyed the atmosphere too, with the classic dark woodwork you would expect in an Irish pub and dining alcoves. Fun place!

Visited January 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great food, great drinks, great people”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had been to the Local before but only visited their outdoor seating for a cocktail. We went in this weekend, and it was really nice. It was very busy but not overly crowded. We ordered the sliders off of their late night menu which were delicious. A night of drinking in downtown Minneapolis was still a pretty reasonable price.

Visited December 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cool irish bar, great beer selection, would go back in a second”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Was in town for a conference, walkedby and stopped for a drink, it was a great decision. Went back after dinner, fairlycrowded but could find a nice spot to people watch. Not overly loud, fun atmosphere. Plenty of tv's did not try the food, but looked good.

Visited September 2011
Lafayette, Louisiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Just a little above average, but awfully convenient if staying at the Hilton”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I would really just give this 3.5 stars if that was possible. It was fine. I was at a conference at the Hilton one block away and it was convenient. We were welcome with our big group. The wait staff were very nice. I had the fish and chips one night and burger for lunch two days later. Food was OK, nothing spectacular, but not bad. I only sat outside, so I can't speak about the inside except that it was very loud when I looked in there.

Visited July 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“British whiskey and tap pub”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Every beer and cider is served from the tap, no bottles in sight! Lots of carved wood, great nooks and crannies for small or large groups. Reminds me of traditional Scottish pubs. Tremendous selection of whiskies. Visited 2 nights in a row.