“Great Ambiance, Minus the Peaceful Slumber”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed here with my partner for a romantic get away. The location is fantastic in terms of restaurants, clubs and the theater. The ambiance of the hotel was great. A beautiful fireplace when you first walk in and yes, the smell of the place is subtle and enticing. The front desk staff were luke warm to marginally friendly, even despite my attempts to be extra charming to get a complimentery upgrade (which they gave us). There is a great outdoor patio that is beautiful--would have loved to spent time there, but they were closed for a reception. The same was true with the Art gallery, so we really did not check out much of the extras at the hotel. We really enjoyed the room. The bed was comfortable with a fluffy pillow top but my partner thought it was too soft. Great flat screen tv that adjusts so you can watch it in bed. Great walk in shower, plenty of room for two! The tv in the bathroom was a bonus. Cool features in the room, including the sink which is modern but yes, splashes. My biggest grip was the noise. I heard doors slamming at all hours. Or perhaps they were simply closing. All i know is that the rooms need some sound proofing. I was up off and on most of the night, which made for a miserable night of sleep. I would absolutely love to go back, but i'll take a noise machine with me next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2010

There really were no surprises, thanks to having read previous reviews. I do think it's ridiculous that a hotel of this caliber doesn't offer free wi-fi, but I knew beforehand that it wouldn't be available so just went to Starbucks. The location can't be beat if you're into the Warehouse District, Nicolet Mall, etc.. The seemingly new (an assumption based on previous reviews) storage tower in the bathroom made the issue of toiletry storage a non-issue and we loved the sink and rainshower shower head! Had a wonderful room service breakfast - I recommend the oatmeal!! Found the quirky works of art to be fun and the source of good conversation with my daughter. Got the room at the bargain rate of $130. I most likely won't return as I'm much more of a plush, Hilton kind of girl, but Le Meridien was a wonderful, change-of-pace treat for this trip with my 18 year old daughter.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed here on a Saturday night out of convenience because I was attending a wedding at the hotel. Afterwords, I really wanted to get some sleep but there was a huge outdoor party right outside my room with really loud music until 2:00 am. I really didn't feel like changing rooms in the middle of the night so I just waited it out, but it was ridiculous that I paid so much money and couldn't even get a good night's rest.

As for the room, this hotel tries to have a nice modern look, but can't quite pull it off. The room was kinda boring and dated. There were stains on the carpet and the bedsheets were stained and old. The worst part of the room was the sink- it was a weird inclined plane that splatters water back onto you- kinda gross. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank nonymous999
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The title of my review might seem a little arsh to my overall guest experience at Le meridien chambers Hotel.
The guest room is nice... a little minimalist but the bed is super comfy. I liked the heated floor in the bathroom. I did not like the limited space by the sink.
A nice little touch for turn down service with chocolates.
We came with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. Booked the hotel on hotwire and paid $113. So a good deal compare to Expedia and co, with a rate of $169 at the time of booking. I guess I could say that everything was perfect until we came back from our dinner reservation.
My recommandation is that if you end up staying there ask for an outside facing room, because we faced the interior view and the loud.... no... very loud bar/lounge and it was impossible to fall asleep until two in the morning. You would tell me that if I chose to be in downtown I should appreciate the night life. The thing is that if you shooting for that.... then it is the perfect getaway for you. But if you are aiming for the more relaxing getaway type... then forget about it.... All you will remember is the boom, boom, boom of the beat box.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GirondinMN
Reviewed August 15, 2010

The Chambers Minneapolis was a superb hotel. The art collection was very interesting...in a good and thought provoking way. The onsite restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the city. You will not go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I made a spur of the moment decision to travel to Minneapolis for the weekend. We took a chance and let Hotwire decide where we stayed. We were absolutely thrilled with Le Meridien Chambers. There is nothing about this hotel that is not perfect. I didn’t want to leave and can’t wait to go back. Kudos to the staff and management and thank you for keeping a smile on my face from the moment we stepped through your doors to when we left. Love you!

The restaurant and patio were both beautiful, immaculate and the food fabulous! The location is in close proximity to everything downtown. Oh and this hotel smells fabulous. I don’t know what they are using but it is heavenly.

This is a downtown location and parking is restricted. We found the parking ramps to be very close, 1/2 block from hotel. It is easy to park and walk. This is much more cost effective than paying for a valet ($7 versus $30 + gratuity).

I am a very hard person to please; I have left locations that I found unacceptable and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I booked a room at the Chambers for my sister and brother in-law as a post wedding gift. I called the hotel and asked for a nice room. I booked a classic queen and they were upgraded to a balcony suite. Service from front desk, to bar, to night staff, to house keeping was excellent. We checked out the room and hung out for a while. Room was extremely impressive with original art (wow!!!) and extremely comfortable beds. Beats the W for comfort and urban vibe (Ws tends to use low thread count sheets). They said they thorough enjoyed their stay and received great service. We dropped them off one night and decided to check out the courtyard bar for a drink. Great service from front desk and waitress. Highly recommend. Even though we live in downtown, we plan to check in for a weekend splurge soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple