Ah, where to begin.
The good -heated bathroom floors and location.
The bad and the ugly -- The snooty staff, the group of doormen who stood around while I struggled to open the door myself, the cleaning staff who threw away my soap half way through my 8 day stay... This place is too kool for skool. I felt like I was staying at a hair salon where the staff is all dressed in black, hip music is always playing, and the place facies itself an art gallery, too. While 20-somethings may find this appealing. As a couple in our mid-t0-late 30's we did not. We are notinterested in being cool, we are interested in customer service. This place failed pretty miserably in that department. Here is why:
1) At check-in the woman asked us numerous times if we were together. Hmmmm...ok. But what part of yes, is not understood?
2) Sometimes the group of doormen ignored us and other times they asked too many questions. When running out in the evening, I don't want to answer 20 questions.
3) The cookies from room service were simply the cookies from an earlier reception we attended at the hotel and tasted like plastic.
4) Its true, the hotel has wi-fi, but having to sign in to their network with a special password every single time you go on the internet is a deterrernt and a plain old pain in the...
5) Half way through our visit , our internet password was de-activated for no apparent reason.
6) One afternoon part way through our stay, and after our room had been cleaned, I got in the shower only to discover my own personal soap was gone.
7) On another day when we were nearly out of toilet paper, house cleaning did not bother to leave us any more.
8) There is no towel rack near shower so if you forget to bring a towel with you to the shower... and there is no tub.
I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis is the country's first luxury art hotel. We have 60 guest rooms on 5 floors of 2 historic buildings and offer guests free admission to Walker Art Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Chambers Hotel Minneapolis