“A wonderful surprise”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed November 27, 2013

As a Starwood Gold member I would like to share some feedback regarding this property, as I have been loyal to Starwood for years and plan to continue to be. I am familiar with the caliber of services across your brand (W, Westin, etc) and can speak to the strengths and weaknesses of all.

I would like to share that Le Meridien Chambers far exceeds any Starwood property I have stayed at in my life, including the Luxury Collection Schloss Fuschl in Austria, which beyond exceeded expectations at the time. Le Meridien, from the first moment we arrived, went completely out of their way to ensure comfort and hospitality. The door staff, desk staff, restaurant staff, bar staff, and even housekeeping staff each contributed to our stay in unique and noticeable manners.

The room itself was immaculately, and I mean IMMACULATELY, kept. The linens were an excellent quality, as were the bathroom fixtures and amenities. The hotel was quiet, sleek, and perfectly kept. I loved the art aspect.

It is rare, if ever, that I leave a hotel without having at least one piece of constructive criticism. This is one of those rare occasions.

Whatever the management is doing at The Meridien Chambers to keep it functioning like it is, keep it up! I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
MattHaw3019, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

First of all, Thank you for your continued brand loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. It was our most pleasure to welcome you to Le Méridien Chambers! I We appreciate the time you took to provide a review of your recent stay; it helps us to create and deliver continued great memorable experiences! We can't wait to have you back in-house; thank you for the wonderful words!

ello Lauren M,

First of all, Thank you for your continued brand loyalty to Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. It was our most pleasure to welcome you to Le Meridien Chambers! I We appreciate the time you took to provide a review of your recent stay; it helps us to create and deliver continued great memorable experiences! We can't wait to have you back in-house; thank you for the wonderful words!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The gods of hotel experience were shining down on us when we checked into Le Meridien Chambers for a one-night staycation in downtown Minneapolis.

Imagine our shock--and awe--when we were told we'd been upgraded to the Penthouse Suite, aka the Rock Star Suite. And, that was just the start of our amazing stay. We were informed that the onsite Bernet Gallery had an opening that night and we were invited.

First we had to check out our fabulous upgrade! In one word, Unbelievable! Great views of Hennepin Ave's neon and the street scene below. If it had been a little warmer we would have spent more time enjoying the sights from our wrap around balcony. The suite's living/dining room were ultra cool, furnished with an Eames chair and ottoman, Arco lamp, comfy sectional and fabulous art from the Bernet collection. On one wall was a built in with counter,lots of storage below, two mini fridges and a coat closet. Tucked to one side was a powder room and on the other side a walk-in closet. The bed was outfitted with a feather bed topper and Egyptian cotton bedding making it oh, comfy. And, the bathroom was huge with a double vanity, huge shower at one end and sexy tub at the other.

We loved the art opening featuring Leslie Holt's homage to famous artists--with Hello Kitty making a guest appearance or photo bomb in each masterpiece. Got the chance to talk to
the artist who was funny and down-to-earth.

Enjoyed a great dinner at Marin. And then back to our dream suite for a great night's sleep.

LeMeridien, you treated us like royalty and we enjoyed every second of our short stay, but as we passed through your front doors onto the sidewalk we once again became mere mortals.

Thank you for a memorable experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the fifth floor rooms overlooking the courtyard is really special.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Fififlies,

WOW; we can’t stop raving about this review. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest & to deliver a memorable experience. Your review encompasses everything that Le Méridien Chambers is all about: great art that provides a new perspective, a delicious cuisine paired with great service, a comfortable yet unique guestrooms and finally outstanding guest service. It’s our pleasure to welcome each guest and to provide them with a perspective that is different and allows them to enjoy life.

Truly a pleasure, we welcome you back.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

First off, I LOVED the bed. It was amazingly comfortable, and as one writer previously stated, it made it tough to climb out into a cold November morning. The bathroom was quite nice, with lovely tile, a rain head shower, and heated floors. That being said, I was disappointed to find they have satellite and not cable, which made for a poor viewing experience. I could not even receive WCCO on the set, and the station is less than 2 blocks away! I was also disappointed to note that though there is a fully stocked (and expensive) mini bar, the refrigerator did not leave much room for our own snacks, and there was no microwave, forcing us to discard the leftovers from our night out. Also no coffee maker in the room, though there is complementary coffee in the lobby if you present a voucher.
Overall, a nice experience, but it could have been 5 stars with a few small tweaks!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Welcome Alex L,

Thank you for reflecting on your recent stay at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis, an art lover’s ideal hotel! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the signature Le Méridien bed and the lovely bathroom luxurious amenities including the rain head shower and heated floors.

My apologies the satellite TV channels were not properly functioning; please see my direct message regarding this matter so I can ensure the issue is remedied right away. Complimentary coffee is available daily in the lobby beginning at 6:30am. If you prefer, it would be my pleasure to note your coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator preferences in your guest folio, and have them in your room prior to arrival on your next Starwood stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to discover a new perspective at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis.

Thank you!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Boutique hotel with a decidedly modern slant. Loved my room! Deluxe king was spacious and filled with natural light. Hard floors = no gross hotel carpeting (yay!). Large bathroom w/terrific shower. Very clean and quiet. Crisp white cotton linens and duvet on a super comfy mattress with featherbed topper - I did not want to get out of bed!

The common areas are filled with modern art which is cool but may not be for everyone. On day two I noticed the art in my room was actually a picture of what appeared to be a deranged man reaching out from behind bars - that I could've done without. Courtyard with bar looked like it would be a great place to hang in warmer months. Heard amazing things about attached restaurant Marin.

Great location with many good restaurants, bars, and cultural venues within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hello fmrtaitai,

Thank you for being our guest at Le Méridien Chambers, we are happy you blew in from the Windy City for a visit! So glad you discovered comfort in one of our Deluxe King rooms, and enjoyed our Le Méridien bed, spacious walk in shower and heated bathroom floors. Next time you are in Minneapolis, be sure to indulge in the deliciously fresh Northern California inspired cuisine at Marin in the restaurant, lower level library lounge, or the fabulous new patio!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well done Le Meridien! You managed to turn my quick work trip to Minneapolis into a fabulous overnight jaunt, filled with art, fabulous food and style.

The rooms here are super minimal, and a very high-end finish. My bathroom floor was heated for goodness sakes! How fabulous is that on a 20 degree night? Innovations in room abound. Rain head shower, Duravit fixtures, toilet TV, sound machine and a bed that rivals The Ritz! Trust me, been to many Ritz properties. This bed was tops!

Don't even give it a second thought. Book this place now, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Greetings, ittessot,

Thank you for sharing a fabulous review from your stay at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis with the TripAdvisor community! I am so happy to hear you discovered a new perspective on your overnight jaunt, while enjoying the beautiful and original artwork throughout the hotel, and indulging in a wonderful meal from Marin. Cheers to your next visit, the heated floors in the bathroom are an ideal amenity for winter travelling!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

May not be for everyone, but if you like clean, modern, and unique, you will love Le Meridien Chambers. The room was large, with comfortable chairs to watch TV. More than ample desk/work space. Most important, great bed and pillows. Service by the staff I encountered was superior and very friendly. I only had breakfast at Marin, but both were great. Healthy choices. I had a smoothie one day, and their oatmeal with banana and peanuts the next. Loved hearing Dear Prudence while I was having breakfast. Very cool ambiance overall.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello lovethissite90210,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, thank you for staying at Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! Your kind words regarding our staff’s friendly service and compliments about the guest room space and Marin are much appreciated; I am happy to pass on your comments. Next time you are in the city, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Méridien Chambers, the art lover’s ideal hotel.

Cheers!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

when i was there but let's start with the good news, very close to tram that takes you to football stadium and Mall of America, also so many theater venues hard to know where to start are very close. You can almost smell the greasepaint, no, not literally, that's a theater expression. My concerns are mostly about the property itself, yes, as a sheraton gold preferred guest, i expected more than i got or less when my toilet began to overflow and no rooms to move to. An overeager Darlene emailed and phoned me about my new room the next day, too bad i didn't have email or a phone but oh well, the second night was better.Thanks to you Commons.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hello rufkdlk,

Thank you for communicating your recent Le Meridien Chambers experience. I am delighted you enjoyed the accessibility and convenient location of the art lover’s hotel! My personal apologies the toilet in your guest room was not properly functioning. Please see my direct message regarding your room number so we can address this issue right away. I look forward to welcoming you back soon, to discover a new perspective.

Thank you!