Just stayed at the Le Meridien for parents' weekend at the U. First the pros. Great location, especially if you have theatre tickets (directly across from the Orpheum). We had a handicap accessible room on the second floor which was very spacious. Everything was very clean and the room was quiet -- no traffic noise. The light in the bathroom is great for applying make-up. Although we didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, Marin, it was packed every night. The menu is based on California cuisine in Marin county. The best part of our stay were the valets -- very friendly and happy to offer assistance with directions. The cons. The decorating is based on modern art (note the grouping of trash bags by the elevator is an art piece), so I suspect this hotel appeals to a much younger crowd than myself (age 56). The sink in the bathroom was designed with virtually no counter space and my husband, who is big, had difficulty washing his hands under the faucet without touching the porcelain. Also, they put a hook next to the sink to hang the bathrobe and the towel bar on the adjacent wall so you have to drip on the floor before you get to the towels. The hotel substitutes a small rolling cart to hold counter items, but it is filled with glasses and a blow dryer which doesn't leave much extra room for other items. The view from our room was a brick wall of an adjacent building, so not great. That said, if you are young, this is probably a great choice. If you are old and long for the days of floral chintz, this isn't the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis is the country's first luxury art hotel. We have 60 guest rooms on 5 floors of 2 historic buildings and offer guests free admission to Walker Art Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Chambers Hotel Minneapolis