Warmed tile floors under your toes in the bathroom (if that won’t get your attention, nothing will). That was just one of the wonderful little surprises in store during my first visit to the Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis.
They describe the hotel as a luxury art hotel, displaying over 200 pieces of original contemporary art on the premises. Some of the pieces scattered amongst the lobby and the corridors are monumental and would feel right at home in any contemporary art museum in the country. The brick structure itself looks like it was rehabbed from much more industrial origins with perhaps a couple of new floors built on top.
The room was gorgeous and well-appointed. A long desk and dresser combo took up one end while the king size bed was placed opposite, with plenty of room between the two to host a sock hop. A comfortable sofa with a handy table for a laptop was along the exterior wall. The large plasma TV was wall mounted on an arm so it could be rotated to any of those three locations. This was a comfortable room just to hang out in.
The oversized bathroom has a spa quality to it, anchored by a huge glass shower cube (the side facing the room was frosted glass for the shy). Plushy towels, great products, and innovative lighting added to the fun. A 2nd LCD TV was wall mounted in the bath just so I could enjoy the morning news while getting ready for the day.
This is the Midwest and everyone is as nice as would be expected. Service levels were great all around. While the address is Hennepin, the entrance is on 9th (one way), so you may have to come around the block to park when you check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis is the country's first luxury art hotel. We have 60 guest rooms on 5 floors of 2 historic buildings and offer guests free admission to Walker Art Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis Hotel Minneapolis
- Chambers Hotel Minneapolis