“Fab suite; disappointed in lobby”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed the first Time here as an overnight for a birthday in Minneapolis !
I like to check out new places!
Walking in I was like, "this is the lobby"!!!!????" Very understated and disappointing environment.
Nothing fun about the bar and barely a restaurant. They informed me that mid march remodeling was starting for their new restaurant Mill Valley! It definitely has the vibe and potential to an awesome place! Both lounge and restaurant
We missed out on the ice bar because of the hours they opened and closed!
The upper level suite overlooked the courtyard and had a wrap around deck over looking Hennepin Ave which was neat!
The upper level lounge/bar was not open but also was becoming The hotels new bar once the new restaurant was remodeled. Also has potential to be the best club in town! Swanky appearance! Is like nice things and like fun places so wrapped up in one would be the place I would return if it opened up some interesting food and bar hot spots!
Again. Loved our Suite!
I am 37 and hubby 42! We have stayed at the Ivy Hotel and W previously! Both have there pros and cons!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank dancingdiva11
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dancingdiva11,

Hello from Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! We appreciate the time you have taken out of your busy day to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the suite level at our hotel. As the team shared with you at your arrival; we are currently in the process of our newest addition to the food & beverage scene at Le Méridien. MARIN will debut early summer and will offer a sophisticated, flavorful yet healthy menu along with an inviting patio. We hope to have you back as a guest and to welcome you to the new Le Méridien Minneapolis.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great hotel, but the walls are paper thin and one can hear the next room. Stayed three nights and heard parties every night...sounded like we were sleeping in a night club at one point. Standard rooms are about half the size of any other hotel too.

• Stayed: February 2013
MattHaw3019, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Powerful123,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience at Le Méridien Chambers. We are terribly sorry that your stay fell below expectations. We strive to make sure that every guest has a consistent and pleasurable experience at Le Méridien.
Le Méridien Chambers does have in room policies in place in regards to noise to make sure that all of our guests are receiving a good night’s rest. Our associates and security are available at all times to make sure that all guests are being respectful.
I hope that we will have a future opportunity to have you as a guest again to show that we do in fact provide outstanding memorable experiences. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback, please see my direct message for follow up conversation.

Creative Guest Experiences,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. I've stayed here a few times and my recent stay was as great as the others.

The restaurant has left the hotel and they are in flux while another one opens. They currently have a limited menu but who really eats at the hotel anyway?

As a SPG Platinum I've been upgraded to very large suites each time I've stayed. The front desk is very helpful and asked what type of suite I had last time as they thought I may want to experience something different.

I like the clean, minimal feel and love the art in the lobby. The bathrooms are great and the shower is amazing. I can't believe the shower in the room. It has a 36" square shower head in the ceiling. It must have used 10 gallons a minute. I was kind of surprised a hotel would have such a water hog shower system.

This hotel is great. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Muntz73

Muntz73,

Hello from Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis! Yes, we LOVE Starwood Preferred Guest members! Thank you so much for the gracious words you have chosen to say about our hotel! It is our pleasure to have you as the creative guest! Great things are to come to the food and beverage scene at Le Méridien; this early summer we’ll be introducing Marin- the newest addition to our hotel! We appreciate the continued brand loyalty to Le Méridien Chambers and to Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.

Cheers!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed in the Chambers for a short weekend stay. I was very impressed with the hotel.
The furnishing are really cool and everywhere you look there is something interesting to look at. The room was very large and comfortable. The bathroom was huge and the heated floors were awesome. I like that this is a smaller hotel and easy to get around. It's located in a good place downtown close to all kinds of restaurants and entertainment.

We visit Minneapolis often and will definitely be back to the Chambers. I'm excited to see the new restaurant opening later this year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hello truthy,
Greetings from Minneapolis! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Le Méridien Chambers with the Trip Advisor community. We are excited to bring Marin to Le Méridien Chambers this early summer and we look forward to providing outstanding service in the months to come!

Cheers to a new perspective,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's great to have a Le Meridien in Minneapolis. My husband and I took advantage of a great weekend rate just before Christmas. We enjoyed a meal at D'Amico Kitchen then retreated to our (upgraded) suite. Everything was top notch, but the loud mechanical system noise remains a distraction. In the morning, as we exited our room we discovered a darling Christmas stocking
filled with candy and a note from the manager on our door. Really a warm gesture.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hello fififlies,

Thank you so much for this gracious review of your stay at Le Meridien Chambers. it's great to read that you enjoyed our little holiday gesture as we just wanted to have our guests wake up to the unexpected! We hope that you are staying warm this winter season and hope to have the opportunity to have you in-house in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here 23 December with the family in a suite. Third time at the hotel, very much enjoyed. We ordered room service in the AM, which was sub par, but considering the hotel just dropped the D'Amico restaurant, I'm not surprised. It's like a boutique hotel but well worth considering if you are downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello Riphensh,

Greetings from Le Meridien Chambers! The entire team at LMC would like to thank you for your continued brand loyalty to our hotel! My apologies that your breakfast was subpar however we have fabulous new comings on the topic of Food and Beverage arriving to the hotel soon; items that we know you're going to love! We can't wait to have you back at the hotel!

Best,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for my birthday. I am a Starwoods preferred member and was up graded, the room was quiet, and the showers was oversized and awesome. My only knock was the $30 charge for parking, otherwise a wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: ask for a 5th floor room!!