“A diamond in the rough” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midtown Global Market

Midtown Global Market
Ranked #40 of 205 things to do in Minneapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“A diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Another business trip taking me to Minneapolis and it just so happened that the meeting was in the same building as the Global Market. I had no idea where or what it was until I ventured in.
As a vegan, I am often challenged to find tasty nutritious food on the road, but I had no trouble feasting or snacking at the Market. Pan-asian, lots of Mexican, some Indian. Pham's Deli was accommodating and good, turning Kung Pao Chicken into Kung Pao Tofu and spicing it up to my liking. Fresh produce and baked goods at a grocery rounded out my breakfast needs.
The Market is a bit of a diamond in the rough, but being able to pop in for dinner, breakfast and shopping (two lovely Tibetan scarves followed me home) all within walking distance of my business location definitely made this a pleasant surprise. Next time I am in Midtown, I definitely will revisit.

Visited June 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent food options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Lots and lots of food options at Midtown Global Market, many of which are "best of..." winners in the local press, owners are often working right behind the counter, good to support local businesses, and everything I've eaten there has been wonderful.

Visited May 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Travel the world cheaply in one building.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I like to visit local markets in each city. Midtown Global Market is one of the markets to see in Minneapolis. It is not huge or overwhelming and it reveals the diversity of the Twin Cities. The feast of colors will help to cure any winter blues. BARGAINS!! I saw women's scarves from Asia that sell for $65 in San Francisco selling for $7 here, incredible bargains on some exotic fruits, scrumptious Scandinavian pastries like kringa and other international foods that you cannot find often in America. Global Market increased my fondness for Minneapolis.

Visited April 2012
Quimper, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I went there with a friend and we were expecting to find a lot of different ethnic shops, etc. When there are ethnic shops that were interesting enough, the vast majority of the "market" is taken up by restaurants... Not really what we were hoping for...

Visited March 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best places to eat in Minneapolis, and no I'm not exaggerating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I love this place! it does not matter what kind of mood you or your friends/partner are in-each of you can find whatever you want here! I love that support local business and cultural diversity-they also offer a great free tour that teaches you all about the market and it's mission. Manny's tortas are my favorite, but check out each of the food stands the are all amazing. Also I basically do all my grocery shopping there as the Produce Exchange has great deals on organic fruits and veggies. Best places to buy gifts for hard-to-shop for people too!

Visited March 2012