“Supper at Level Five cafe”
Review of Level Five Cafe

Level Five Cafe
Ranked #1,099 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I had supper last night, March 20th, and both agreed it was one of the best meals we've ever had there and certainly one of the best ones we've had in downtown Minneapolis. We had the Prix Fixe menu and it was in a word---delicious! The service was friendly, prompt and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal! I'd recommend the Level Five Cafe any time one is going to the Guthrie and notwithstanding what some other reviewers have said, I'd even go there just for the food and service. Thanks very much to the great staff and kitchen!

Garrett and Judy Sampson

1  Thank grat1960
There are newer reviews for Level Five Cafe

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Got here early, way before the pre-show rush and was overlooked by my waitress. She was nice but sloooow. Everything took a long time unlike other groups that were served more efficiently. The food was Ok. I may give it one more try if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you are attending a performance at the Guthrie, you can't go wrong with Level Five. On the other hand, I'm not sure it worth a special trip just to eat there.

Service is excellent. The servers practically run to and from the tables to make sure everyone, even the late-comers, can make it to curtain call. They work very hard, but with a lot of tables to cover all at once, there are some gaps in coverage.

The earlybird fixed price menu is a bargain, at $18.95 for 3 courses, with house wine at $3 per glass before 5:45. Cocktails are potent. Our first course was a nicely dressed mixed green salad. My wife had a pork BBQ sandwich that was too messy to eat without a knife and fork, but very good, and the French fries were hot and crispy. I had penne pasta primavera with chicken. The pasta was perfect but the chicken was so dry it was hard to swallow. I gave up on it after one bite.

We were a little confused by the dessert, peaches with crème fraiche and lady fingers. The peaches had been marinated in something, but they were crunchy hard. Were they just unripe peaches or peach pickles? Ah, the mysteries of life.

Despite the large room being about 90% full, the noise level was moderate. Apparently people who build theaters know something about acoustics throughout the building.

The date of our visit was August 13, 2013.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed another great meal at Level Five Cafe. The fish entree always seems to be excellent. Very delicious (and large) roasted beet salad was split between the 2 of us. Service is prompt. So convenient! Nice bar, too. The only negative would be that it seems a little crowded. (Be sure to store your winter coat in a locker downstairs, cost is 25 cents.) But where else can you show up at 6 pm for a nice dinner, make it to a 7:30 show at the Guthrie, and not feel rushed? I think this is the best choice for pre-theater dining.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Level Five is a nice restaurant in the Guthrie Theater. The lunch menue is small but good. The quiche of the day is always superb. The pulled pork sandwich is great. Their mac & cheese is excellent.
Because theater patrons must go through the restaurant to get to one of the stages, the restaurant gets a little noisy and busy with non-eating passers through.