“First Sushi Experience”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“First Sushi Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

I tried Sushi for the first time in my life, at Haiku. I loved Sushi here.
Plus, I was impressed by the way they serve their lunch box menu. Interior ambience is impressive. My overall experience was good.

• Visited July 2014

Battle Creek, Michigan
“Great Food, Attentive Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Right across from The Commons where we were staying. Beautiful & unique decor...including a door with a water feature. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Lots of sushi, sashimi, and hibachi items to choose from. We shared a shrimp tempura appitizer and a beef & scallion appitizer and both were very good. I chose the steak & shrimp hibachi dinner and it was excellent. We felt the prices were in line with the quality of the meal. We will visit this place again!

• Visited June 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Only thing Japanese is the name”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We went for dinner and ordered couple of appetizers. One was the gyoza (potstickers) which were good, but, we also ordered soft shell crabs in ponzu sauce. When it arrived, it had a sweet red thai chili sauce instead of the ponzu. When I questioned them about it, the waiter brought out a ponzu sauce. For the main meal, my husband ordered shrimp and vegetable tempura dinner. The shrimp was breaded....which is NOT tempura. I ordered Nabe Yaki Udon which is cooked in a cast iron pot with udon noodles, spinach, kamaboko, tempura shrimp. When I got my Nabe Yaki Udon, it was in a ceramic type bowl with celery, red peppers, shrimp, chicken and the broth was a chicken broth with sesame oil. I told the waiter that the cook should learn what nabe yaki udon was before putting it on the menu and just making what he wants. I think they feel an average American wouldn't know the difference. We will NEVER go there again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Auhouse48
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good food, decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I visited last Friday. The selection of entrees was quite good. My wife chose the Seafood Udon and I had the Chef's sushi special. The udon was flavorful with a nice variety of seafood. My sushi was artfully displayed and tasty. Though not the best I have had, it was good. The decorating was cool and the service good. My only real complaint was the music. The top of pop did not lend itself to a relaxing experience.

• Visited January 2014
Ramsey, Minnesota
“Ok Japanese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Went with family for dinner. Decor is nice and hip. Service is good. Was not impressed with what was being marketed as toro (fatty tuna belly). Has the edamame. Was ok. Haru Maki, California Roll, Sweetheart roll, Black Dragon Roll, Dinky Town Roll, Salmon Family Roll, American Dream Roll. Most rolls were average or below. Shrimp Tempura was average. I would say there are better places for sushi in the Twin Cities, although we really lack a Nobu-quality type restaurant here. I doubt any high end Japanese restaurants will open on the TC anytime soon, though. For now TC will have to make due with average or below on the International scale.