“Relaxing stay for hospital procedure.”

Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here while my husband had a medical procedure, hotel has a skyway to the hospital. The guy that checked us in was not that friendly. The hotel to skyway was easy to get around in. The hotel, also has a shuttle, that runs to the hospital, that the guy could have mentioned to us. Restaurant was cozy and had an outdoor patio, my favorite in a restaurant, very relaxing. Food was excellent and had nice portions. The wait staff was well trained. The rooms clean and beds were great. The check out lady was very friendly ask more about why we stayed there then the check in guy. My biggest disappointment in hotel service is that hotel information in rooms is very limited and area information non-existent. We did have internet in room but just to tired to use it. I had booked several rooms in different hotels for the coming month and I couldn't remember what hotel had what. The hotel gave a $5 voucher for food if you didn't need cleaning service for the day, that was a nice perk. Also, if you are there for medical you can ask for a discount. Would go back but hopefully not because of medical issues.

Room Tip: We were next to a supply closet and the door did not close quietly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 13, 2014

As most of the hotels in the twin cities are clustered around the downtowns, with parking and noise hassles or near the MOA, which is a fair drive in traffic we prefer not to deal with, we recently discovered this hotel near our son's home. The decor is very nice, but the hallway carpets could use a good cleaning.Bedding was luxurious and room was very clean. The bar was fine, but there is also a great liquor store less than a block away with great wine selection if you prefer to have a drink in your room. We especially enjoyed the Global Market in the midtown building just outside the hotel. We got very good and reasonable meals and pastry treats from several of the vendors there. Our shuttle driver was very nice and that service was great allowing us to use the light rail instead of driving.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra S, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are located a little over a mile south of Downtown Minneapolis part of its urban neighborhood that celebrates diversity. We believe the Global Market is a great attraction in our Midtown neighborhood. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Krist or Kristin the front desk customer service, was very professional. He notice the mix up on the room and manage to correct it very nicely. If I got his name wrong he was the big Caucasian guy. I could not ask for better service, excellent guy. Two nights stay 06/24/14 and 06/25/14. I was there for a doctors appointment at Allina Heart Institute. The sky walk was very convenient for me I took my time walking to the appointment where I had to receive an ablation procedure and it went very well. Great doctors the best on earth. Glory be to God. I stayed the night in Allina hospital while my driver stayed the second night in the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel. He was at home with the TV, and buffet. 300 miles one way.

Room Tip: The breakfast and supper buffet on the top floor goes with the room rate. Excellent accommodations...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Sandra S, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We appreciate the contribution to Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. I agree that Kristian is a great asset and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.We appreciate your positive comments in regards with our guest service and will certainly share your thoughts to the team. We look forward to your next journey to Minneapolis.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The only reason we stayed here is because all other downtown hotels were sold out and the event we were going to was in a close proximity. I was put off right away with the parking because you can't even get to the hotel to check in unless you pay the gated parking which is $11. I was on the 3rd floor and was surprised to see that beige hallway carpet is full of stains. Our room was big and spacious, bedding was clean and I loved the 20's style bathroom. They have Starbucks coffee in the room and I was happy to see that. Across the street is Global market with great choice of restaurants and that was a highlight of our trip. It seems that staff is very disorganized which they proved on several occasions. We would leave our room around 10 am and see the cleaning ladies on our floor. When we came back around 3 pm our room was still not cleaned and they were still on our floor. We had no clean towels so I asked one of them when will they be in our room and she said in 15 min. Exhausted from walking and shopping, we went downstairs to wait for her to clean our room and my husband dozed off in a chair in a lobby. Never ever did I had to inconvenience myself to accommodate the hotel staff so this really ticked me off. For 3 nights that we stayed here, every day I had to chaise them on a floor and ask for something. She would leave 2 bath towels but no face or hand towels. Every day was a struggle for a coffee. They leave 2 bags of coffee and 2 paper cups so if you drink coffee in the afternoon you won't have any in the morning. I left a tip and note to leave extra coffee and extra cups, she left me 3 paper cups, 2 regular coffees and 1 decaf. There's 2 of us, so I'm without coffee again in the morning. I'm a big coffee drinker and if I have to chase your staff for a bag of coffee then you just earned another strike. Third strike you get for your parking. Not only do you charge $11 but you don't have enough space. So when I came around 11pm and you send me to an overflow parking next door and I have to hike back in high heels with all my shopping bags, then I'm sorry, you don't deserve my business. This happened again next night, no parking space. Upon the check out I was asked how was my stay and I did tell the front desk agent about the coffee and towels and parking and all he did was offer insincere "oh sorry". If he even offered to compensate 1 day of parking that would have made a difference, but he didn't. It’s the little things that make guests stay memorable and service at this hotel left a lot to be desired. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank skeletoncrew
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I recently visited Minneapolis with a very specific agenda in mind: We wanted to visit the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, the Walker Art Center, the Museum of Russian Art, and the American Swedish Institute, and we wanted to avoid renting a car to get around if at all possible. Our quest turned up the Sheraton Midtown, to our great good fortune. The hotel, just seven years old, blends into its surroundings, especially the great 1920's era Sears distribution center that has been redeveloped into an office center, condos, and the Midtown Global Market, which offers ethnic foods and interesting shopping. Especially important for us, the Sheraton offers a free shuttle service to attractions within five miles of the hotel. The rooms are contemporary but with a very pleasant, slightly Twenties' feel, especially the bathrooms with their white tiled floors. The lobby opens onto a single restaurant/bar that serves all day and evening and offers a limited but varied menu. The beer selection was especially impressive, and we found several quite acceptable wines at excellent prices. The hotel is in an upgrading neighborhood that, being confirmed urban dwellers, my husband and I were very comfortable with. For those who like to visit the fitness room during hotel stays, this hotel has the most remarkable one we've seen--many cardio and strength machines, plenty of room for floor work, and an indoor pool as an added bonus.This hotel also has the best Wi-FI we've encountered yet, with a single initial login and truly high speed.

What really set this hotel apart for us was the spectacular staff and management. Gracious, multilingual staff greet new guests at the front desk, where phones are answered quickly and professionally. The housekeeping staff is superb. By the end of our four-night stay, the restaurant staff were greeting us by name and with big smiles. Everything we saw pointed to the exceptional management skills of the hotel's general manager, Sandra Stulen, who was frequently seen greeting guests throughout the hotel and making certain needs were being met.

We look forward to our next visit to Minneapolis. Whatever our choice of attractions, this hotel will be high on our list!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne N
Sandra S, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Anne N,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to our Guest Service team and I will certainly share your thoughts with them. I know that they work hard to provide exceptional service to our guests at The Sheraton Midtown Minneapolis.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is a good hotel only if it was in a better area of town. We understand hotel cannot do much about location.
Hotel itself is well maintained and clean. Lobby, hallways, rooms, pool and gym areas were also clean.
Staff is very friendly and professional. Special thanks to Jude at the front desk. He is a class act and knows what customer service is.
One good thing about this hotel is there is a Global Market mall right across the street which is great to visit.

Room Tip: 1 level above the base room is ideal since it has a few more amenities such as refrigerator, microwa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Sandra S, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are located a little over a mile south of Downtown Minneapolis part of its urban neighborhood that celebrates diversity and history. Like most downtown hotels, we do have security for not only our hotel but the Midtown building.
I appreciate your comments in regards to Jude. I agree that Jude is a great asset and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. We believe the Global Market is a great attraction in our Midtown neighborhood. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to our Guest Service team and I will ceratainly share your thoughts with them. We look forward to your next journey to Minneapolis.
Warm Regards, Sandra Stulen

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed here twice, and both times were great stays. Staff is friendly, rooms are very nice, and you can't beat being so close to the Global Market. I was able to take a hotel shuttle downtown for a small fee, so I did not need a car. It's attached to the hospital so very convenient if you have someone there. I will stay here again if I head back to MN.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Sandra S, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. The staff works dillegently in accommodating our guests. You said it best in that we are not downtown but our shuttle service can shuttle guests downtown within minutes. We hope to welcome you back on your next journey to Minneapolis.