“OK Sheraton”

Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Sheratons over the past year, and this one was on par with most that I have stayed at. Nothing spectacular - it was clean, it had the basics done right. I wasn't thrilled with the location, but at the time that I stayed, it was 50% cheaper than staying downtown, so cost drove me here. In addition, when I arrived at the hotel, my room had apparently been canceled. Luckily they had a room available for me. I'm not sure whose fault this is, and I don't really care, but it added to the total feel of the stay being just OK. I'd look to stay more downtown next time to be closer to things hoping that it's not so expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Andrew F, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

That you for your time in reviewing our hotel and I appreciate your comments in regards to the hotel being clean and the basics “done right”. Our location is in an urban renewal neighborhood that prides itself on diversity and history. One of the aspects of our neighborhood that we take extreme pride in is our Greenway Bike Path located right behind our hotel. Renting bikes is easy with either renting from Freewheel Bike, again located behind our hotel, or a Nice Ride bike station. Minneapolis has become nationally known for our biking community and we are located right in the heart of it.

I have asked my Front Officer Manager to research the cancellation of your reservation. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel and with our complimentary shuttle service we can certainly connect you to downtown which is within 10 minutes of our hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

After having a terrible experience at the Holiday Inn, my husband and I decided that we would check out and find somewhere else. As soon as we arrived at the Sheraton, Tariq welcomed us and made us feel at home. I cannot say enough about Tariq and how grateful we are to him for assisting us when we were not happy when we walked in to find a new hotel. The beds are the closest thing to home for us. Bus stop is right in front of the hotel and so is the Global Market which I also enjoyed. I would not hesitate to come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Charles B, General Manager at Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Lynette S - Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Minneapolis Midtown Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind words about our Guest Service Agent Tariq. I was glad to hear our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed provided you the “closet thing to home” and that you took advantage of our close location to the bus stop and visited the Midtown Global Market. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Minneapolis.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Tariq at the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and that is much appreciated. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding Tariq. Tariq and our team work diligently to provide outstanding service and we appreciate it when they are recognized. We hope to welcome you back to Minneapolis soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I just got back from a medical consult and this hotel was recommended for it's convenient location. Although I normally stay in more "high end" hotels - this hotel was quite good for what I needed: something close to the medical offices I was visiting and comfortable, clean and accommodating. I stayed on the club level and the complimentary continental breakfast was quite good. I also thought the room..though small..was clean..modern and the bed was extremely comfortable. In short: I would recommend this hotel for anyone coming to Minneapolis for a medical consult with the U. Minnesota physicians.

Room Tip: This hotel is located next to hospitals and medical offices for U. Minnesota physicians. I would rec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your pointing out our proximity to the hospital and that we are “comfortable, clean and accommodating”. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our Club Lounge and enjoyed the breakfast we provide every morning. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We hope to see you on your next trip back to Minneapolis.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was looking for a room close to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. I was unsure of the neighborhood. The hotel is very nice inside. The best part of the stay was the friendly, exceptionally great front desk service (Tarid). I had a lot of luggage. Tarid offered help to open the elevator doors and waited patiently for me to find my key. The room was clean and very nice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor are secured.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We believe our hotel provides an experience that is comfortable and accommodating with outstanding service as you pointed out. I appreciate your comments regarding Tariq and we hope to welcome you back to hotel the next time you are in Minneapollis.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I didn’t plan on staying here but got stranded when my flight was delayed in Minneapolis and missed the connection. Everything was sold out by the airport so I ventured a little further to get my SPG points. The room was fine, however the bathroom layout was really strange and small. I arrived at 11pm which made it impossible to get food/drink. They have a small store by the front desk but were sold out of bottled water. I grabbed breakfast in the club lounge the next morning and it was great. If you are planning on visiting Minneapolis, I think the SPG properties downtown are much nicer with better amenities.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I agree with most other reviewers. I was a little nervous when I first saw the hotel because of the run down neighborhood, but it is quite nice inside. The staff is friendly (Jeni Taylor checked us in and was friendly, humorous and helpful). The room was nice, clean, spacious and there were oodles of pillows on the bed. I didn't use the pool or health club, but friends who did said they were nice.

The hotel is near several hospitals, so you do hear a few ambulances at night, especially since the building is only four stories tall (and the fourth story is club room floor). However, it was fairly quiet - much more quiet than I expected.

It is next to a bus and light rail stop, which means there are people hanging out near the parking lot, but it also provides an easy way to get to the airport and around town. Friends who used this said it was great. Also, as another reviewer said, there is easy access to a bike trail that goes all over town and there are rental bikes at various kiosk locations, so you can rent one at one place and leave it at another.

The hotel is next to the Midtown Exchange a very interesting building full of small stalls selling imported food and gifts - Mexican, Middle Eastern etc. It is like a cross between Pier 1, a mall food court and a Turkish Bazaar. We had a good ice cream cone there and others in our group had breakfast one day. There really is no where else to eat within walking distance of the hotel, except for the Sheraton's own restaurant.

My only complaint was parking. The lot in front of the hotel was overcrowded the first night, so people had parked illegally and not left enough room to get my car out of the space. That was a pain since I had a meeting I needed to get to on time. The issue resolved only because a car next to me happened to leave at the same time. There was no room in the lot the second night and I ended up in a parking lot on the other side of the street. Given the neighborhood and the distance to the lot, I was worried about leaving my car there (and I overheard other guests on the elevator complain of the same thing). However, my car was safe. A guard opened the gate for me, so perhaps someone watched the cars there all night. There also is a full time security guard in the front lot.

All in all, I would stay there again, especially because the price was very good compared to other hotels. I would leave a little time to bike and to explore the Midtown Exchange.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family