“3 happy customers out of 4 isn't bad.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of al Vento

al Vento
Reserve with OpenTable
al Vento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: 50th & Hiawatha LRT
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“3 happy customers out of 4 isn't bad.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

a group of friends visited this restaurant as it was in the neighborhood of an event we were attending and this place had good reviews. The atmosphere was pleasant if a little too dark, dificult to read the menu. very busy place with lats of people coming and going through out our meal.

We ordered the bruchetta sampler....very good, I especially liked the eggplant and brussel sprout portions.
the house red wine...again quite good.

three different entrees.

The spaghetti w/ meatballs was enjoyable but not spectacular. The ravioli w/ butternut and acorn squash was superb, worth coming back for on another visit.
On the other end of the taste spectrum was the linguine nero puttenesca w/ bay scallops, olive, tomato and anchovy. Yikes.

Something about black noodles just doesn't appeal to me to start with then throw in the overpowering taste of olive and salty anchovy (way too much salt!). It tasted more like a salt lick than a entree. I could eat barely half of the serving due to the taste.

Two of my companions selected the chocolate tort for dessert and were very pleased.

I would recommend this restaurant but would strongly suggest you stay away from the linguine.

• Visited November 2013

Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA
“Best Brunch”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Al Vento is the best brunch for the greatest value in Minneapolis; excellent all around, the decor is amazing and a wonderful selection of hot and cold items. Bottomless mimosas too and all for $20 (or $14 with non-alcoholic beverage).

Visited October 2013
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
“Try the Pork Tenderloin and Polenta”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

WOW! Pork tenderloin and polenta was AWESOME! I read the review from Ron W from April 2013 where he described this dish. It was on the menu for my visit in Oct. 2013. The polenta was definitely a hit. I don’t think I can eat normal polenta ever again. Try it. I thought it was a bit pricey at $21 for the entrée but it was worth it.

My friends and I liked al Vento so much that we are going back in November for their “Date night.” They assured us that you don’t have to be on a “date” to get the special. Every Tuesday they offer a 4 course meal for $20. 1 – Appetizer, 2 – salad or soup 3 entrée or pizza 4 gelato. Wednesday is sandwich/salad night for $6. Happy Hour discounts are from 4-6.

There is no better review than to say you have already scheduled a time to return.

One point to note. There is a front room and a back room in the restaurant. We were in the backroom and after the room was filled ½ way it was heard to hear each other at our table. It also looks like the have a patio/sidewalk café seating for warmer weather.

I hope you find this review helpful!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mary K
New York City, New York
“Good buffet brunch”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice selection of choices with a pasta, 2 egg dishes, salmon, salads, desserts with chocolate fountain. Cheeses were a high point. They do a good job keeping replenished and keeping warm. Only downside for me was ambience: outside was loud and underdecorated, inside was dark

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Best Are Better At The Basics”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The best are better at the basics than the rest of us. That is an understanding that I've long held with athletes and also applies to restaurants. If a restaurant gives due attention to their basics, the result will be apparent. For our anniversary we ate at Al Vento where I ordered pork tenderloin with polenta. My previous experience of polenta really was as a utility, as a commodity, as: Meh. At Al Vento, the polenta became the headliner of the meal. It is extraordinary! The menu should bill it as polenta and pork tenderloin rather than the other way around. My wife had spaghetti and meat balls because she says the meatballs are the best she has ever had. Again, when a place takes care of the basics, the result will be apparent.

• Visited September 2013