“Try the Pork Tenderloin and Polenta”
Review of al Vento

al Vento
Reserve with OpenTable
al Vento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: 50th & Hiawatha LRT
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
“Try the Pork Tenderloin and Polenta”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

WOW! Pork tenderloin and polenta was AWESOME! I read the review from Ron W from April 2013 where he described this dish. It was on the menu for my visit in Oct. 2013. The polenta was definitely a hit. I don’t think I can eat normal polenta ever again. Try it. I thought it was a bit pricey at $21 for the entrée but it was worth it.

My friends and I liked al Vento so much that we are going back in November for their “Date night.” They assured us that you don’t have to be on a “date” to get the special. Every Tuesday they offer a 4 course meal for $20. 1 – Appetizer, 2 – salad or soup 3 entrée or pizza 4 gelato. Wednesday is sandwich/salad night for $6. Happy Hour discounts are from 4-6.

There is no better review than to say you have already scheduled a time to return.

One point to note. There is a front room and a back room in the restaurant. We were in the backroom and after the room was filled ½ way it was heard to hear each other at our table. It also looks like the have a patio/sidewalk café seating for warmer weather.

I hope you find this review helpful!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mary K

New York City, New York
“Good buffet brunch”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice selection of choices with a pasta, 2 egg dishes, salmon, salads, desserts with chocolate fountain. Cheeses were a high point. They do a good job keeping replenished and keeping warm. Only downside for me was ambience: outside was loud and underdecorated, inside was dark

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The Best Are Better At The Basics”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The best are better at the basics than the rest of us. That is an understanding that I've long held with athletes and also applies to restaurants. If a restaurant gives due attention to their basics, the result will be apparent. For our anniversary we ate at Al Vento where I ordered pork tenderloin with polenta. My previous experience of polenta really was as a utility, as a commodity, as: Meh. At Al Vento, the polenta became the headliner of the meal. It is extraordinary! The menu should bill it as polenta and pork tenderloin rather than the other way around. My wife had spaghetti and meat balls because she says the meatballs are the best she has ever had. Again, when a place takes care of the basics, the result will be apparent.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ron W
“Great wine and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently went to Al Vento for a girls dinner out and the atmosphere is great and the wine fantastic! They have a wonderful selection of wines and we were there on a night that the certain bottle of red we ordered was 1/2 price. We sat on their new patio and while it's loud, it is a neat place to sit. Our server was friendly, helpful and on top of it.

I have been there a few times and the one thing I will say, their food is FULL of flavors to the point that it's too much. Many of the items have tons of garlic and you will find that you will tasted garlic until the next day. Also, there seems to be a very high sodium content in many of the dishes, enough so that it's worth commenting on. I understand when you eat out that you indulge and enjoy yourself, but wow. Every time I go I feel like I can taste it until the next day.

Something to be aware of!

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lovely neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for dinner and were delighted to learn that wine was half price on selected bottles between 4:30 and 6:00. There is a nice selection of Italian wines as well as other countries. We tried two of the bruschetta choices-- $2 off during happy hour -- brussel sprouts with honey goat cheese and Burrata and sweet corn--so amazing! Such great combinations of flavors! For my main course I chose the Pappardelle with braised duck leg ragu and Stickney Hills goat cheese. It was awesome and a huge portion. My husband had the Bucatini all'amatriciana with pancetta tomato and chili flake. He likes spicy dishes but said that this one was really firey! We wanted to try the Saffron risotto with scallops, crimini mushroom, heirloom tomato and sweet corn but will save that for another time. I'm sure it will be as delicious as both of our entrees.

• Visited September 2013