“Outstanding”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We decided to visit this restaurant for our anniversary and I have to say it was one of the better decisions I have made. The service was fantastic, as was the food. We happened to luck out and get Patrick for our server, and I had seen why other Trip Advisor writers had praised him. He was personable, informative, and attentive. The food was also excellent. We decided to order separate entrées rather than one of the three different tasting menus. Both of our entrées, the Scallops and the Halibut, were very good, as was the food presentation. The serving sizes are not very large, but after bread, appetizer, and a salad, our main course, we were well satisfied.

The wine list is very extensive, with most wine areas representing. I did some research before our visit, and had picked out a wine before arrival. I would recommend that you do this, as the number of choices with numerous price ranges can be overwhelming for most people. The restaurant also allows you to bring in your wine for a corkage fee of $30.00. If you come with a group and order one bottle of wine off of the list, the corkage fee is waived for your bottle.

The prices at the restaurant our a little high for most people, but not out of line when compared to some of the finer restaurants in major cities. We do want to go back eat in the lounge, which has a separate menu.

An added note, our server, Patrick, recognized that we were celebrating our anniversary, and brought us a small platter of sweets with a “Happy Anniversary” message. It was a nice touch to a wonderful evening.

There are newer reviews for La Belle Vie

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went there for our wedding anniversary and had a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellent and the service was perfect. Having dined at many nice restaurants in Europe, this is very consistent with such restaurants.

1  Thank VRJL
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I need to start this by saying this USED TO BE one of my favorite restaurants in town. My birthdays, anniversaries, anything special would be venued at this spectacular restaurant. Wednesday of this week, I steered a party of 8 (including my wife and me) there for dinner. Ordered the Chef's Tasting with Wine Flight which I have done many times before. The food was okay. The ambience was reminiscent of a morgue in that there was no one in the place. The whole thing just fell apart except for the company. I've seen this happen before to great restaurants...things just get tired and no one is really excited about coming to work and getting into the kitchen. I will go back, for sure, but only when I forget this last encounter. Something's wrong here. There's just no excitement here anymore.

1  Thank rdestes
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I love eating in the bar at La Belle Vie because the ambience is cozy yet upbeat. Last night we specifically wanted lamb burgers for dinner so we headed to La Belle Vie. The bar menu is creative, delicious and well priced. The martinis are fabulous. The lamb burgers never disappoint.

1  Thank HMarieH
Reviewed April 26, 2014

While it does go down in our history as THE most expensive meal we have ever had.....it was truly the best as well! We had the chef's tasting menu and each of us were guided through a wine flight. I simply have never tasted food or seen it presented like this before. A brisket that was indescribable in taste and texture. A chicken pot pie....anything but regular. Then a sauce they called "cucumber ketchup" that was the far from any ketchup in my past. Topping this meal off was a lovely Port that also knocked our socks off. Not to mention the Apple/Ginger Whiskey cocktail that I still dream about! I will say, however, I did not care for the ambiance at all in the formal dining area in which we sat. It had a sort of nursing home-ish feel to it and was a turn off until the food and drink began....I quickly forgot about the walls. In short....go and indulge. It was glorious! (The bar atmosphere looked fab for my liking but we weren't seated there.)