“Great Service, Great Menu Choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Uptown Diner

Uptown Diner
Ranked #246 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are the classic diner. We've been serving breakfast on Hennepin Ave. For over 20 years. Open every day 6am until 11pm and 24 hours Thursday thru Sunday. Check us out on Twitter uptowndiner and on Facebook "Uptown Diner is the place to eat"
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Service, Great Menu Choices”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in the Uptown Diner for breakfast on a whim, but had a great experience. The breakfast choices included many twists in classic breakfast fare. The portions were large and delicious. As we enjoyed our breakfast we continued seeing things come out if the kitchen that would have been equally great choices.
And then there's the service... It seemed as though we had our food just minutes after we ordered. A+
Just a heads up...the prices ranged from $7.00-$12.00 for typical breakfast fare, which I thought was a bit higher than some other diner type experiences. With that said, the portions were more than fair, so I shouldn't complain.

Twin Cities, Minnesota
“Good food, reasonable priced”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is you classic diner; nothing out of the ordinary and could use some updating. The food was good and the portions were generous. I had the chicken salad sandwich and my wife had the philly sandwich on glutenn-free bread. The waitress didn't seem to know much about GF but we managed. It's great that they have GF bread available, however, charging $1.50 extra for the GF bread seems high. The waitress didn't go out of her way, however she did refill my water with being asked.

Would we go here again? Probably not since we are usually not in that area.

I did get a caramel roll to take home and it was excellent!!

Florence, Italy
“Food was good, until the hair...”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This joint saved itself from an evaluation of '1' just because the food was decent, even if an incident occurred in the process which made the rest of the meal unpleasant...
This was the last lunch before leaving Mpls, and I am really disappointed of the service.
The moment we walked in [about 2pm] the waitress sits us down by announcing that the diner closes at 3pm...It's an extra hour lady, we have time to eat...
We order our food and it's prepared fairly quickly [the place was quite empty at that time], but it sat waiting for about 5 minutes in the window before our waitress picked it up to bring it to us. Luckily it was still warm.
Although, she did forget a shake we ordered, which had to be asked for again, and another delay for our meal.
The real problem was the long hair found in the freshly made hashbrowns which were the side to the crab-cake eggs benedict one of us ordered... this was quite gross and we all had to struggle to even eat beyond that point.
Really a shame. I understand mistakes like this in a kitchen may happen, but it's still probably the worst thing for a client to find in his/her food. Too bad, because everything was tasty up to that point.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Large Portions, Great Prices”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We tried the chili which comes with a huge home made corn muffin, diced onion, cheese, and sour cream. It was a meal in itself! I got the Cilantro Lime Chicken salad which was large enough to share and my husband got the 1/2lb burger and sweet potato tater tots. We shared a pineapple pancake for dessert. Very yummy!

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Decent Food; Good Prices”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Driving around Minneapolis. Getting hungry and nauseated. Food needed -- quickly. Found Uptown Diner, noticed a full parking lot, decided to stop. Very noisy at first; they were crowded and had few noise absorbing materials and a metal ceiling. However, the noise abated quickly as the lunch hour was ending. Our server was nicely attentive and friendly. The husband ordered a cajun breakfast and loved the availability of multiple kinds of hot sauce/peppers. I had a gyro omelet, which was good, albeit a bit oily. A goodly amount of veggies in the omelet -- nice. The amount of food was amazing; neither of us could finish. Loads and loads of crispy hash browns; more than I could ever finish. Good quality bread/toast. Great coffee.

Will I go out of my way to find an Uptown Diner again? Probably not, but if I'm in the need of a good breakfast, at a reasonable price, and there's one nearby, I will certainly stop.

• Visited June 2013