“Sunday Brunch - SO GOOD!”

Bad Waitress Breakfast Joint & Coffee Shop
Ranked #11 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sunday Brunch - SO GOOD!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food was fabulous. I had a breakfast burrito that was made just about as perfectly as you can make one. I also enjoyed the ginger tea that, as advertised, is made with a lot of real ginger chunks.

The arrangement is interesting - they seat you, but then you write down your own orders and bring them up to the register to order and pay. Then they bring everything out to you. There are several pros to this, including having much more control with you time in ordering because you don't have to wait for someone to get around to coming to your table.

What I don't like is that you tip before your service (though I have no complaints about the service).

There are a lot of different places to have brunch on Nicollet Mall. I won't go so far to say that you should go out of your way to check this place out, you certainly won't be sorry if you eat here!

• Visited October 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good for breakfast, there are better choices for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a decent enough cafe. The breakfasts are excellent--I eat there a couple times a a month. It's also a good place to meet for coffee and they have some yummy baked goods.

Lunches and dinners, however, are just average--and since it is surrounded by amazing ethnic restaurants for blocks along eat street, there are plenty of other great places to eat.

• Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great experience in my hometown”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

After 4 years of living in Minneapolis, i finally got to the Bad Waitress and decided to review it on Tripadvisor because i loved it so much. Such a cool place, cool atmosphere, good customer service and a pretty large menu. Good coffee and chai's, excellent burgers. We plan on going back from breakfast next week.

• Visited August 2012
Orono, Maine
“Fun atmosphere, but not great for dinner”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This would probably be good for breakfast, but we ended up here for dinner. Nice booths and generally attractive place, but dinner options were very limited, as has been expressed in other reviews. The food was okay, but not great. It took us a little while to understand that we had to write up our order and give it to someone at the front, and though it wasn't very busy no one really took the time to give us that basic instruction, so we felt a bit foolish. We decided we wouldn't come back while in Minneapolis. They should really call it "No Waitress"!

• Visited July 2012
Luck, Wisconsin
“Great breakfast with my daughter”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter and I had a great breakfast here last month while we waited for Vertical Endeavors (rock climbing facility across the street) to open. The food was great and my daughter and I both enjoyed the environment. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2012