“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American, European, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Loved the food but service is slow. Order at counter, then find a seat and wait. But worth the wait (as long as you are prepared to wait) as food was terrific. Brie and walnut yeastcakes with brown sugar sauce were fabulous. Ham and cheese omelet was great too.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went on a Saturday morning around 9:30am. I was a little afraid of having to wait because I heard it was small (which it is!), but they have quite a bit of outdoor seating so we were able to squeeze the 4 of us at a table. I got a huge cinnamon roll for $3 that was probably 8 inches across and it tasted great too. My wife got the "flappers" (pancakes), a stack of 2, which I had some and they were very good. Our friends both got breakfast sandwiches and said they were very good. All in all a fun place to eat that won't cost much and will fill you up.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a very small place. They have trouble squeezing in a party of four, so don't bring a crowd when you go. I've eaten at the counter with 6 stools, and the atmosphere is electric. The owner is likely on duty, and will come out to welcome you. The kitchen is in plain view, and the food is really special. Sometimes you get the impression it's not about the money - this is that place. The wait staff will treat you like family!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and son-in-law both agreed that their omelets were the best they'd ever eaten! The place is so tiny with only four tables, plus a few more outside. I watched with appreciation as the small staff peeled apples, took orders and money, refilled coffee mugs, and kept the place hopping with the skills of friendliness and industry. Each employee here must have a great attitude and work ethic. The customers line up and ooh and ahh about their faves. I enjoyed the apple, walnut, and bries pancakes which were scrummy, but next time I'll have one of those recommended omelets to see for sure what the hyperbole is about!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to Colossal for breakfast on a Saturday, and although it was very crowded, we managed to find a table. The food takes a while to arrive, but my egg, tomato and feta sandwich was INCREDIBLE! So fresh, flavorful, and comforting. It was particularly good as we were sitting outside in nice weather.
My husband had the BBQ special and our friend an omelette. We were all very happy with our food!
I definitely recommend it, but I would warn people not to go if you have a party of more than 4 (it really is minuscule...)