“Great pub!”

O'Donovan's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Donovan's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #254 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We met a friend here before a Twins game. We had some excellent beer on tap and my wife and I both had the fish and chips which was outstanding. Our friend had a vegetarian dish and she thought it was excellent as well. The service was terrific considering it was very crowded and all of us had to get to the game. Efficient service, great food and drink, reasonable prices.

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

When we walked in we weren't shown to a table so we just grabbed an open one. Surprisingly, once we sat down we were given menus and drink orders were taken within about a minute. We each had the cod sandwich with chips. As far as bar food is concerned it was pretty good. I would eat there again and I do want to try their Guinness-infused ketchup with the onion rings. Very close to Target Field and Target Center for pre-game dining!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We walked in up to the bar, the bartender greeted us with a smile and a great accent!! We received our nice cold pints and then chatted with the yound man, he has been here 6 months, was from N. Ireland; Belfast! His name was Shawn,(of course). We then went out to the patio which was great! There was a nice young server that came to introduce herself and see twice if we wanted a refill. I will be back again. Cheers! Kim

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Authentic Irish pub as it was built in Ireland and brought here. Chicken Caesar salad was very good. Wings were a large portion. Fish and chips were average. Chips were just regular fries not actual chips per Irish tradition. Perfect pour of Guiness. Ice tea was
Pretty good. Definitely would return. Our waiter was great! Sit on the patio! Great people watching.

1  Thank Suzan H
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our club was there last night celebrating having won a tournament the weekend before. The menu selections offered a big variety of Irish and American fare. The lamb chops and fish-and-chips were fantastic. Our server's attitude was great, despite us quickly growing from 6 to about 26 in number. She took very good care of us!

O'Donovan's is close to Target Field and convenient parking. They have live music, and I plan to go back soon to watch the Euro Soccer final.

I have to say I'm surprised it took me this long to make it over there, but this definitely will NOT be the last time.