“Old Charm... New voices with We Will Rock You!”
Review of Orpheum Theatre

Orpheum Theatre
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I attended the show, We Will Rock You, with my husband. We were in the balcony (center) and could see and hear everything perfectly! The seats are really crammed (knee's right to the back of the chair in front of us), so be careful if you need extra room (I am only 5'5" and 130 pounds, my husband 5'11" and 190 pds.). Everyone around us, however, were so pleasant and all enjoyed the show itself. The actors voices were spectacular. I don't know who was playing Galileo, but Oh... My...Gosh! There was humor, puns, again, fabulous singing. I really like how the band would be shown as they played from the upper screened area. Nice touch. If you like the music of Queen, and good old Rock-n-Roll of the 70's, this is your thing.

I found you can pre-order your intermission cocktail (if that's your thing). I order one for each my husband and I and it went off without a hitch. Saved a lot of standing in line time.

We also scooted by the $12.00 lots for parking and went to valet kiddy corner at the Capital Grill. After the show, we had an after show cocktail at the Capital Grill and were able to talk about how much fun we had. Don't forget to tip the valet nicely! But it was certainly better than parking ourselves for $12.00.

On a side note.... please continue to dress appropriately for the theater. The actors deserve a bit of formality in appreciation of their talents.

All reviews
"sight lines"
"across the street"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

It's difficult to enjoy any show if you are uncomfortable. These seats are a bit tight if you're pushing 250 lbs. Most people fit fine but not the most comfortable. The theater is beautiful but is "looking" aged and starting to looked unkept. On their website you can click on your seat and see the view. If you're going to see music it's a stay in your seat thing or you'll knock the guy next to you over. Crowd moved fast in and out.

1  Thank 22Travelin
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A few weeks back we saw Wicked at the historic Orpheum theater. This place is a jewel in the city and a great venue to see plays and performances. The performance was sold out and we arrived within plenty of time to take the stairs to our seat. The staff was 'over the top' helpful to make sure we were satisfied with our drink order at the bar and then to get us to our seats.

I had never seen Wicked before and I was thrilled by the excellent job that the performers did. Between the nostalgic theater and the outstanding performance and the close parking, this was a memorable evening.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently saw Wicked here. This is a lovely theater and the décor is terrific. Seating was comfortable with ample leg room in the orchestra. Really enjoyed seeing the show here.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great play but poor theater experience. Seats are BAD! Very uncomfortable, no leg room, and if you get a tall person in front of you - forget it - you might as well go out in the lobby and drink. Bathrooms are a joke (not enough) - forget about going during intermission - you'll need to leave the performance in order to go to the bathroom. Bar areas are crowded beyond belief. The seating floor area is not level and quite a few people fell down not knowing there was an uneven area. That's just plain dangerous and a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's cool to see an old theater - but it is in dire need of a remodel. Chanhassen is much better.