Lake of the Isles
Ranked #16 of 227 things to do in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Lake of the Isles is a pretty interesting place. I lived within a few blocks of the lake for a year and my fiance and I went for tons of walks around the lake. It only takes about 30 mins walking at a decent pace to get around the lake. It is a nice piece of nature that is only a five minute drive from downtown. It is also fun to see all of the multi-million dollar homes that border the lake. The high population density around the lake makes it so that it is often pretty busy - which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you are looking for.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Lake of the Isles trails are absolutely beautiful! We rented a Nice Rice Bike by Lake Calhoun and wound our way around the Lake of the Isles. The homes are spectacular and the trail is well maintained.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

And great people watching. Highly recommended in all seasons. Good energy. What else do I need to say to get to 100 characters?

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I rented kayaks when visiting this summer. The lake is just beautiful and very relaxing. Great way to spend a 1/2 a day.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I literally grew up learning to play hockey on lake of the isles; during the winter, there was/is a nice warming house and great hockey action takes place down here. If you want to meet up with some fun people and play hockey, give it a shot.