“Good food and nice night out.”
Review of Stella's Fish Cafe

Stella's Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,800 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown
Cross street: Girard
Description: Stella's Fish Cafe & Prestige Oyster Bar is a casual seafood restaurant located in the heart of Minneapolis' bus sling Uptown neighborhood. Specializing in accessibly priced super fresh fish & oysters, chef specialties, sushi, pastas and steaks, Stella's serves it all up in a warm & lively setting, devoid of pretension or snootiness. Stella's proudly presents these specials: "Lobster Lover's Sundays" $19.95 gets you a one and a quarter pound whole Maine Lobster! (served a la carte). "Sushi Wednesday": Buy any 2 sushi rolls today and get a FREE Stella roll... "Crab Grab Thursday": One and a quarter pound of Red Alaskan King Crab... Just $19.95 (served a la carte)" Happy Hours with $half price oysters, 2 for 1 taps, rails and house wines.. as well as a great happy hour food selection at amazing prices. Open daily at 11:30am for lunch. Reservations are always accepted for dinner, and don't miss the late night happy hour and bar atmosphere until 2am. Pop up to "On Top Of Stella's" rooftop patio & brand new 360 SkyDeck boasting Minneapolis' Best City Views. Groups Welcome! 3 Banquet Rooms allow for groups of 20-200 guests. Our banquets offer a unique space, menu and professional staff, your event is a guaranteed success!
Willmar, Minnesota
“Good food and nice night out.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had reservations on a Saturday night - it was packed and very busy, but we got in right on time. As an added bonus we got upstairs seating right next to the window so got to people watch. It is a bummer you can't reserve for the rooftop, but understand. We did have a limited mobility person with us and the elevator was broken - so that was a bit of a bummer. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I was the only non-seafood probably. I had the steak and it was delicious. My son loved their homemade lemonade and brownie batter dessert.

Wheeling, Illinois
“Excellent for fresh fish”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located in the Uptown area, Stella's is a great spot for dinner.
Roof top seating available.
Started with Lobster Bisque and Clam Chowder. Both were good - rate near the top.
Enjoyed the Plank Salmon special and the Halibut special. The salmon was served with mashed potato and a large stalk of broccoli. Everything is ala carte. we split a small salad.
Fish was fresh. Halibut was served with brussels sprouts which were a bit under cooked.
All in all it was a good Saturday nite meal.

Plymouth, Minnesota
“Great location with hit or miss food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have been to Stella's twice now, once for drinks and appetizer and the second time for lunch.

Both times we went to sit on the rooftop which is just amazing when it's sunny out with a little breeze. Staff are attentive and reliable which is also a plus. The appetizer we had, coconut shrimp tasted great - although I must add that we were quite tipsy when they arrived.
The second time around I had ordered the lobster roll which came with a salad and mashed potatoes. I am usually all in for seafood and fish, but for some reason the lobster just didn't do it for me. The mashed potatoes were awfully salty but that could be attributed to my sharp tastebuds though so I might be alone with that opinion.

I would certainly return to the place but maybe for appetizers and drinks only as the main courses did not convince me and also were quite pricey. I have had better seafood elsewhere.

Minnesota
“Great atmosphere, bad food”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We have been wanting to try Stella's for a long time. We were pleased with the rooftop atmosphere and the staff was great. But the food was terrible and overpriced. My husbands walleye was average but my lobster was really bad. We sent it back the first time because it was undercooked and cold. The staff replaced it with a new meal, but still not good. We did have sushi for an appetizer that was very good. I would recommend hitting the rooftop for atmosphere, and just have drinks and appetizers. Then head somewhere else for dinner!!

1 Thank MinnesotaTraveler123
SIMPSONVILLE
“Excellent food, casual on the roof.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I had the crab legs, nicely prepared. Other dishes done to order as well. We enjoyed the rooftop atmosphere. Nothing bad to say, though did seem a bit pricey overall...we would go back though.

Visited July 2014