“Not my best visit”
Review of Stella's Fish Cafe

Stella's Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown
Cross street: Girard
Description: Stella's Fish Cafe & Prestige Oyster Bar is a casual seafood restaurant located in the heart of Minneapolis' bus sling Uptown neighborhood. Specializing in accessibly priced super fresh fish & oysters, chef specialties, sushi, pastas and steaks, Stella's serves it all up in a warm & lively setting, devoid of pretension or snootiness. Stella's proudly presents these specials: "Lobster Lover's Sundays" $19.95 gets you a one and a quarter pound whole Maine Lobster! (served a la carte). "Sushi Wednesday": Buy any 2 sushi rolls today and get a FREE Stella roll... "Crab Grab Thursday": One and a quarter pound of Red Alaskan King Crab... Just $19.95 (served a la carte)" Happy Hours with $half price oysters, 2 for 1 taps, rails and house wines.. as well as a great happy hour food selection at amazing prices. Open daily at 11:30am for lunch. Reservations are always accepted for dinner, and don't miss the late night happy hour and bar atmosphere until 2am. Pop up to "On Top Of Stella's" rooftop patio & brand new 360 SkyDeck boasting Minneapolis' Best City Views. Groups Welcome! 3 Banquet Rooms allow for groups of 20-200 guests. Our banquets offer a unique space, menu and professional staff, your event is a guaranteed success!
Reviewed January 4, 2013

hi, i have visited this restaurant many times and this was by far my worse. IO bought a friend along with me, totally bragging on it and we were both very dissapointed.

our server kept disappearing, never bought me my to go box, had to ask the hostess and then bought me a salad with bacon on it after i already had told him i couldnt eat bacon.

It will be a while before i go back, and its too bad i love the cornbread.

1  Thank ldybug252000

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My favorite restaurant! They have the best happy hour...raw oysters for a buck, great apps for $5 and 2 for 1 drinks! They also have tables and a bar on the roof in the summer.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Looking for a Saturday happy hour in Uptown? Stella's is the place. Bar only - but the bar is almost the entire downstairs. Offering 2 for 1 drinks, wine, beer and some great deals on food. Dear husband had the buffalo shrimp for about $6 and it was a huge basket of the most tasty fried shrimp with fries and two sauces. I had great, fresh oysters on the half shell for $1 each- and lots more food choices on the HH menu, like mussels with a divine champagne sauce for $6. Our friend from London could not believe the good prices and quality. The places was packed on a recent Sat. afternoon-more establishments could learn from their example. Offer good drinks, good food for happy hour on the weekends and the people will come. Crispins cider at 2 pints for $6 - I'll be back soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is not the place if you are looking for a quiet evening out. It is located in a restored warehouse, and it is LOUD. I had the salmon and it was probably the best restaurant prepared salmon I have ever had. My husband had the stuffed tilapia and rated it just okay. It is pricey, when you consider you don't get any "extras" included in your meal. My entree came with brussel sprouts and that was it, no bread or salad. My husband's meal came with garlic mashed potatoes. We can say we have been there, but won't be back unless we have a coupon. They do offer valet parking, however, there is a parking ramp right across the street.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have tried many seafood places around the twin cities area, and this place was by far the best. The fish come in daily, and it shows. It is the freshest tasting fish I have had in Minnesota. I had some blackened swordfish, and it was incredibly fresh and flavorful. My wife had some tasty scallops. There is also a really fun atmosphere. I enjoyed my experience very much. I would recommend anyone to go here for seafood, and I am definitely coming back.

1  Thank Lucas A