“Pricey, Well Cooked, Fresh Fish”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Stella's Fish Cafe

Stella's Fish Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's Fish Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,793 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown
Cross street: Girard
Description: Stella's Fish Cafe & Prestige Oyster Bar is a casual seafood restaurant located in the heart of Minneapolis' bus sling Uptown neighborhood. Specializing in accessibly priced super fresh fish & oysters, chef specialties, sushi, pastas and steaks, Stella's serves it all up in a warm & lively setting, devoid of pretension or snootiness. Stella's proudly presents these specials: "Lobster Lover's Sundays" $19.95 gets you a one and a quarter pound whole Maine Lobster! (served a la carte). "Sushi Wednesday": Buy any 2 sushi rolls today and get a FREE Stella roll... "Crab Grab Thursday": One and a quarter pound of Red Alaskan King Crab... Just $19.95 (served a la carte)" Happy Hours with $half price oysters, 2 for 1 taps, rails and house wines.. as well as a great happy hour food selection at amazing prices. Open daily at 11:30am for lunch. Reservations are always accepted for dinner, and don't miss the late night happy hour and bar atmosphere until 2am. Pop up to "On Top Of Stella's" rooftop patio & brand new 360 SkyDeck boasting Minneapolis' Best City Views. Groups Welcome! 3 Banquet Rooms allow for groups of 20-200 guests. Our banquets offer a unique space, menu and professional staff, your event is a guaranteed success!
Crookston, Minnesota
“Pricey, Well Cooked, Fresh Fish”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is not the place if you are looking for a quiet evening out. It is located in a restored warehouse, and it is LOUD. I had the salmon and it was probably the best restaurant prepared salmon I have ever had. My husband had the stuffed tilapia and rated it just okay. It is pricey, when you consider you don't get any "extras" included in your meal. My entree came with brussel sprouts and that was it, no bread or salad. My husband's meal came with garlic mashed potatoes. We can say we have been there, but won't be back unless we have a coupon. They do offer valet parking, however, there is a parking ramp right across the street.

Visited December 2012

Saint Bonifacius, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Fish place in the City”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have tried many seafood places around the twin cities area, and this place was by far the best. The fish come in daily, and it shows. It is the freshest tasting fish I have had in Minnesota. I had some blackened swordfish, and it was incredibly fresh and flavorful. My wife had some tasty scallops. There is also a really fun atmosphere. I enjoyed my experience very much. I would recommend anyone to go here for seafood, and I am definitely coming back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Lucas A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great place for fish in the TC”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Went there for our anniversary. We had a Groupon, which brought us in. We had crab cakes and my husband had some oysters. Both were great. We both enjoyed our entrees, I had the Salmon piccata and my husband had the swordfish, both were cooked perfectly. The service was great! It was an enjoyable evening, and we will likely be back again.

Saint Paul, MN
“Great roof top seating.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

It's always crowded, so expect a wait. It's filled with a young crowd, so it's fun and upbeat. The food is good, not 4 star, but good.

Visited August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great meal but wouldn't pay full price”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I got a groupon for the lobster bake for 2. Menu price was 166.00. It included a bottle of wine ( Pino Grigio or Malbec) we had the Malbec, it was fine. The salad, greens with walnuts, apple ans goat cheese (?) was really good. The lobster bake had lobster, shrimp, sausage and mussels in a spicy tomato stew. It was delicious! I've never wanted to try mussels but these were so yummy. Dessert was creme brûlée or chocolate cake. We had the creme brûlée as it seemed lighter and we were stuffed. Overall it was a great meal and well worth 86.00 + tip. That said, I don't think I would pay full price for this meal, as that would be almost 100.00 pp with tip. I don't mind spending a lot on a good meal but that seems a little much.