“Favorite place in Mpls!”
Review of Trieste Cafe

Trieste Cafe
Ranked #382 of 1,808 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, Greek
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Minneapolis
“Favorite place in Mpls!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My coworkers and I rave about the garlic dip and the kabob special and Fridays (and now Wednesdays by popular demand!) Tiny little cafe with two sweet men working behind the counter. I think they're starting to recognize me as "the garlic girl" because I ALWAYS ask for the dip. If you like Greek, you have to check this place out!

Rapid City, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a small little greek cafe that I probably would not have found had I not been specifically looking for greek food. I am so glad I did find it because it was incredible! When you walk in it is just a small little shop and there was just one man working. He was very friendly, and had great service! He made the food right in front of us and everything was very fresh. I had a vegetable and hummus pita and it hit the spot! Great food, great service! Definitely would go back if I am back in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Lunch Place”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I almost don't want to write this review because I don't want to have to share this amazing place :)

I had Trieste Cafe recommended to me by a coworker and since then have been back many times. It is located in the lumber exchange building and is just a small storefront on street level. The food is authentic, delicious and made right in front of you. Since the space is petite it seems to always be pretty crowded, I have always gotten lucky and found a seat but I still recommend asking for it as to-go just in case. As far as I know the cafe is only open Mon-Friday for lunch so it definitely caters to the work lunch crowd and is pretty busy during normal lunch hours.

For food I suggest you try the gyro salad and lemonade, I love both. The prices are reasonable and you get a TON of food, I always leave very full.

Overall I highly recommend checking this place out, by far my favorite lunch spot in Minneapolis.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Sara J
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food with Wonderful Customer Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I love Greek food, but hadn't found anything worthwhile downtown. A friend recommended Trieste and I am hooked. The customer service was wonderful, we were personally greeted, and received a bonus "treat" for being first-time customers. The food was fresh and tasty. You can watch the chef make your food right in front of you. The prices are beyond reasonable considering how much food you receive. There is a $2 parking lot right next to the building (for visits under 20 minutes). We got ours To Go and were in and out within 10 minutes. Highly recommended!

Hopkins, MN
“Best Lunch Downtown”
Reviewed January 5, 2009

This place is great for lunch, the gyro platter with rice is unbelievable and is very reasonably priced. If I didn't have to walk so far to get there I would eat lunch there every day!