“Terrible Service and Staff”

Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge
Ranked #7 of 128 Nightlife in Minneapolis
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Don't waste your money or time here. Read some of the reviews out there, the staff and service is terrible. We brought a group of friends here and were treated like trash after we spent about $200 in 10 minutes. Don't try hanging out at the bar or you'll get ushered out! They only want people sitting at tables in a corner somewhere. Never going back.

2  Thank Dunbar D
There are newer reviews for Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place has developed a bit of an attitude after gaining popularity. The food is okay, but not worth the prices. Service is adequate. Parking is a pain. I keep going back for some reason (nostalgia?), but I'm always underwhelmed. The tiki drinks are really good though. If you want to drink exotic cocktails outdoors, this is one of the better locations in town. Meh.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Think 1960's inspired supper lounge in Fiji run by a bunch of bikers.

If you're not from Minneapolis and want a memorable place to see the fun side of our "culture" you have to go here.

Crazy (strong) drinks served in glasses you'll probably want to buy.

I like the ham/pickle/cheese appetizer. Looks like poor man's sushi. Can't go wrong with their burgers.

Parking can be tight on busy nights. Use the valet or take a cab.

1  Thank Mulk87
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Had lunch today with 7 friends. Food was good, server was not. 'Francis' said she was "not allowed to give separate checks", made us wait at the bar while she waited on someone else - then 'Francis" and another server took each one of our credit cards to the cash register to figure out who owed what. This all took an extra 20 minutes.
She lucked out that the gratuity was included in the price($27.00 for 1 hamburger, 1 Corona beer and 1 order of onion rings.) I think her gratuity was very undeserved.
Go back to Psychos? I don't think so.

2  Thank shiela s
Reviewed July 3, 2012

First, you should definitely go try out the food at Psycho Suzi's. It is truly awesome. We had a group of eleven people so we all got to try a lot of the appetizers and a wide variety of the menu, and everything was just outstanding. The onions rings are so huge they are like onion donuts. Awesome! The Hemi Cuda deep dish pizza was great, as was the spinach artichoke dip and the cheese curds. Tots were divine! The drinks were good as well. So now on to the less than awesome aspects of this place. Most of this centers on our waiter. He was so bad that we will be joking about him for years to come. Seriously, when a group of people come in out of 100+ degree weather and say they would all like some ice water to start off with, and you come back with one glass of ice water? What? So I try to make it more clear, could we get two pitchers of ice water for our group of 11 people. He brings 1 pitcher and some cups. Okay, so a few of us fill our cups and the pitcher is empty, so I catch him again (this is all before he even takes our order - he kept leaving before we could), so I hand him the empty pitcher and say "Please bring back TWO pitchers of ice water - we just came from an outdoor graduation and we are all very hot.". He comes back with ONE pitcher. Really?? At this point we are wondering if maybe he does not have use of his right arm since we have not seen him carry anything in it yet. He then takes out orders. Several of us ordered appetizers and one person orders dessert. He asks if we want the dessert with the meal. Ok, odd question. We say no, afterwards would be fine. About twenty minutes later he returns with the TWO pitchers of ice water (HALLELUJAH!). Another 20 minutes go by without seeing him. Finally he walks by and I asked him if the appetizers would be coming out soon. He said no, he put that order in with the rest of the food. I said, quite sadly, "but... they are appetizers." He said, yeah, but I just assumed you wanted those with the rest of the order. Uh... yeah... cause that's how the concept of appetizers works I guess.... ok, whatever. Our group decided to pray that this young man finds his true calling in life, because it is obviously not in food service. On a positive note, the actual food that was brought matched what we ordered, so maybe there is hope for him yet. Also this in no way reflects on the rest of the staff, who seemed very nice. The other thing that was a dissapointment is that they do not serve any frozen drinks at all and will not even make any virgin drinks. To me this says they use premixed everything, which is sad. How can you possibly call yourself a cheesy tiki bar and NOT make your own drinks or even offer a pina colada? Come on people, even TGI Friday's makes those! It was a big dissapointment for my daughter who really wanted to have a virgin pina colada in a tiki paradise. I hope Suzi reads these reviews and does something about this, as I really want to love this place. Fire that waiter and make some frozen drinks and you will have earned all five bubbles from me. For now though you get 3.

2  Thank Jeff D