“Kick butt sausage patty”
Review of Keys Cafe

Keys Cafe
Ranked #25 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great to have this cafe right as you walk out from your hotel after a long night. It was very busy and took a while to get a table but this is the second time I have been there and food was excellent and if you were in the mood for a pastry or piece of pie they had a great looking case full of it.
Waiter did a great job

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My first tip is... How much food do you think you need? Well, order about half of that!

The food was terrific, with huge portions. I ordered two banana pecan pancake and a scrambled egg. One pancake would have been plenty. It was the size of a dinner plate! Scrumptious, none-the-less. My husband ordered an omelet with toast and hashbrowns. He couldn't finish his either, although I guess he did have some of my pancakes. The omelet was huge - the size of a burrito. We definately feel like we got our money's worth.

I read on here some people thought it was kind of pricey. I think the price of the food was reasonable for a small downtown location. If you get drinks I'm sure that make a difference especially for a large party. Coffee, juice, milk, it all adds up. Although it is like that for any restaurant.

Service was excellent, we were seated promptly and drinks were kept full, and the food was hot and fresh. Highly recommend!

1  Thank AMC8380
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had heard that Keys has the "best grilled cheese" in town and our daughter is a grilled cheese coniseur so we tried it. For a family of five, our bill was over $80 - for breakfast (and her grilled cheese). It was good but not that good. We had so many other good eating experiences while visiting Minneapolis.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

There are so many menus, so can't decide promptly... I really liked the strawberry jam with toast. and orange juice.
I ordered vegitable mixed and hushpotato. It looks like big, but I ate mostly. because it was good!! it was kind of noisy and very busy, but it was ok after eat.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great home style food. It's been a while since my last visit, but I remember real mashed potatoes & gravy, as well as homemade bread. You won't be disappointed! Located on the Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. Parking available in ramps or on-street lots, however an easy walk from several hotels & on the bus line.

1  Thank MidgeC6