“Want to score it higher but...”
Review of Keys Cafe

Keys Cafe
Ranked #25 of 1,855 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The breakfast was delightful and reasonable. Caramel bun was delicious, and orange juice is fresh. Exceedingly disappointed by the take away bakery goods. We sampled a cookie from the counter and it was delicious so we ordered a variety to take home. When we arrived home a few hours later we eagerly unwrapped the cookies, cut then up for sharing, and called the kids to share in our treat. To our disappointmemt only the pb/choco chip was fresh. The others tasted old and stale. The snickerdoodle was inedible. Majorly bummed...

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the best place for breakfast. I always go here when I visit Minneapolis. They have your regular American food, regular prices and a very nice desert selection. The staff has always been really nice and the food comes out pretty quickly.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff at Key's gets rave reviews. On top of everything on a busy Saturday morning, they got our nine person order on the dot and we never had an empty cup of coffee in front of us. Home cooking at its best, Key's offers a simple menu at a low cost. Totally worth the wait!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The banana pecan pancakes were fabulous. I had two, and could've finish them, they were so large. Also, the orange juice was freshly squeezed. Service was also excellent.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

As you may tell from my reviews, I travel quite a bit and always look for local eateries in which to dine.

The employees at a my local work site suggested "Keys Cafe" as a good, local, casual establishment, so I tried it -- for dinner and the following morning for breakfast.

The food was classic mid-western -- well prepared, tasty and the portions over-whelming. At the servers suggestion, I tried a cup Turkey & Wild Rice soup to accompany my dinner order of a Turkey, Swiss cheese and broccoli omelet.

The soup was so hearty it reminded me of a stew. It was flavorful and very filling. The accompanying omelet was "over-stuffed" and delicious -- although when filled with baked turkey, it was a bit dry. They served fresh, "home-made" strawberry jam with both meals - a nice treat.

Most of all, the servers and management staff are a shear delight! Ever attentive and personable but not overwhelming - a great combination that is rarely found!

Additionally, they appear to have a very good bakery (the oatmeal cookie was delicious) and full service bar in the restaurant.

Although the wooden chairs may appear to be uncomfortable to some, the actual seating area in the chair is carved deeper than usual and that makes them very comfortable for a casual meet & eat environment - especially for us "older" diners!