“Om nom nom nom TACOS”

Nico's Taco and Tequila Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Nico's Taco and Tequila Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 1,806 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
“Om nom nom nom TACOS”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This place has gooood food, but I'm prepared to like them simply for the fact that they took over the space where stupid Duplex used to be, seeing as how Duplex uprooted Pandora, my absolute most favorite coffeehouse in the world.

ANYWAY, try the tacos. $3 apiece, and so, so tasty. Their salsas are fantastic, and the deep red one is actually spicy. My only complaint is that the portions are a bit small for the price, but the food is so damn good I can overlook my sad, empty wallet.

• Visited April 2014

Mpls
“Mmmmmargaritas!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stop here often for the extensive happy hour times frames and the best margaritas in town. My favorite is are the chili margaritas. We normally sit at the bar and order snacks such as guacamole or tacos. Everything thing is made from scratch. Flavors are amazing. Also, try the inventive cocktails made by Cameron or let him surprise you with his favorite. Most excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Bringing Authentic Mexican to Uptown”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

A great little stop! In what used to be someone's home many years ago, Alejandro Victoria is cooking up Mexican food that is very, very good and very, very authentic. The house made guacamole was as good as any I have ever tasted. We opted for the Tocino guac - bacon, pico de gallo, chipotle, garlic, lime, cilantro & corn - and it was great!

Our meal included a taco sampler including barbacoa, chicken and shrimp (my choices from their many options). Each was flavorful and unique. The beans and rice that accompanied my tacos were fabulous, especially the beans. Next time I will have a much larger portion of the beans.

My dinner partner had a barbacoa burrito and a beef tamale. He enjoyed the tastiness of each dish, but it was more food than he could consume at one sitting - so part of the burrito went home for a midnight snack.

Each of us enjoyed a margarita - made with pomegranate juice and blood orange. Again, great! Apparently we should have taken a trip upstairs where the bar features 50 or so tequilas. Next time we go upstairs. And there will certainly be a next time.

I will return to Nico's and would recommend it to friends!

• Visited February 2014
Rochester, Minnesota
“Authentic and fresh”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The flavors are amazing, everything tasted so fresh and every ingredient so flavorful. We've been there twice and both times were great. We tried 5 different tacos, the ceviche, some tequila's and margaritas. Can't wait to come back again.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Having grown up in a state next to the border, I was raised on proper, authentic Mexican food. This is it! There's no Tex-Mex, 'cheesy gordita crunchwrap supreme' junk here, just amazing, totally affordable homestyle Mexican. Tacos run 3 dollars - definitely try the pastor. The pollo (chicken) enchiladas are excellent, as well.

Their tequila list is massive, and no Jose Cuervo mixto's to be found. Everything is 100 percent agave, and outside of Don Julio and Patron, I didn't recognize a single thing, so I decided to order myself a house margarita, which was delicious and packed a punch.

Very cozy, as well. Give it a go!

• Visited September 2013