Tripadvisor

Dilla Ethiopian Resturant - Minnesota
Order Online
Ranked #287 of 1,971 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Great restaurant! Awesome people .. nice environment & awesome food everything was just great ! Definitely coming back

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed September 16, 2019

This is a small, unassuming restaurant in the Cedar Riverside neighborhood that stands up very well to other Ethiopian restaurants in the Twin Cities.

Our group of 11 could easily have overwhelmed this small [place, but with prior reservations, they had our table ready when we arrived and took care of our group cheerfully and efficiently. The servers were very patient with the young kids who had "alternative" food. For those of us eating the house fare, we had 3 combination platters - 2 mixed and one vegetarian. All of the offerings were delicious and had just the right amount of heat to light up your taste buds but not leave you gasping for water (or their excellent Ethiopian lager).

Could not have been a better experience - we will return!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 16, 2019

To be honest, I do not know what I ordered. I asked the staff for suggestions. I chose beef and then I was asked for my tolerance to spiciness. I explained I was Mexican and could tolerate jalapeño spiciness but not habanero, and that I was fine with cumin.
The plate I ended up getting resembled a cortadillo or asado, served over a spongy tortilla that I then learned is called injera.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

I have read negative reviews for Dilla elsewhere, and I don't get it. I have been here twice, and the food and service has always been spot-on. A recent visit did not disappoint. We were five women, one a vegetarian, so we ordered the combo platter with meat and veg, and one with just veg - lentils, beets, green beans... all delicious. It came to about $10 apiece, plus a couple of rounds of $3 ice-cold beers (happy hour until 7:30!), including great brands such as Stella A. Our server was attentive and friendly, and the owner's son (I think) even stopped by and struck up a conversation. We were in and out in plenty of time to catch our nearby play, and left with smiles on our faces and bellies warm and full.

We arrived a bit before 6p on a Friday night and found plenty of room. The restaurant was full by 7. Go and eat here!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

My son & I asked a man in a parking lot where he would go for food in the area & this is where he suggested. I’m so happy that we asked him! We shared the vegetarian combo & it was amazing! Just the right amount of spicy vs not spicy. We will definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: May 2018