“Great atmosphere and "vibe"”

Brit's Pub & Eating Establishment
Ranked #17 of 1,840 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have visited Brit's several times over many years. This most recent visited, I went with my four adult children (ages 18-26) to watch Shakespeare on the lawn, where three actors act out all of the Shakespearian plays in 90 minutes out on the bowling lawn on the rooftop. We laid our blankets out on the lawn (it was a beautiful night), and enjoy the free show. This trio of actors also perform annually out at the Renaissance festival... hence, very good and appropriate to the time. They add great humor in!!! My biggest disappointment and why I didn't give it an excellent rating is because they did not have the neighboring restaurant (Richards) grilling burgers out on the lawn (as they use to - we would get burgers and be allowed to eat on the lawn), and we were no longer allowed to have food on the lawn. This meant we had to hope for an outside table (which, fortunately, we got), order and miss a portion of the good viewing of the show. We had Cod pieces ($9.95), the Dublin Burger (16.95), the Shepherds Pie (14.95) and a Fish dish (3 pieces for $17.95), along with the mac and cheese bites (8.95). Everything was very good! Of course, a few beers were had, and were reasonable. The wine, however, was expensive for early evening (before 6p.m) around $6.50 for the house red. We had hoped to catch Happy Hour.

My favorite thing about it? Getting to see a funny, free show, and enjoy time outside with my adult children. There are not many venues to do that at (geared either to younger children or too adult oriented where, as a parent, I can be uncomfortable). We will go again for Movies in August!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed July 24, 2014

went to the pub because we wanted to have lunch and lawn bowling. We couldn't lawn bowl because World Cup Soccer was on, but we ended up watching to soccer games on the big screen tv outside. Lots of fun for sunny afternoon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We love this place and make it a point to go here every time we are in Minneapolis!!! If we have other dining plans --we always go here afterwards for drinks and to enjoy the high energy the place offers and it's so interesting to watch the constant flow of people who frequent the pub all in our visit. Not to mention the awesome backyard bowling games going on and the huge TV screen where the Twins are playing!!!We have eaten here for lunch in the past and it is good but the best time to visit is at night and you feel like you're at a big party and everyone is all happy. It's great fun-- IF you like to have fun

1  Thank kiawahgirl
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Brits many times over the years and, as that would indicate, you know what you are getting with Brits. The food is solid, but not spectacular. As you would expect, the fish and chips are one of the best choices on the menu. With the addition of Spitfire, my favorite British beer, I am totally satisfied on that count. But, you go to Brit's for the flags of all British Commonwealth countries, the atmospheric wall decorations, the bowling green and the din of a crowded saloon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were in town for a soccer tournament and stopped here for a late lunch and to watch Brazil play the Netherlands in the World Cup. I suppose it may have helped that we were in a soccer frame of mind and the World Cup was on, but the vibe was super fun. I think it would have been the same even without the game, given all the games and the lawn bowling on the roof and everything else. The staff was really friendly and attentive, and the food was very good. Not just your typical pub grub, it was actually something you would want to eat. I will FOR SURE go back the next time we are in town.