“Good Food, Good Service and Friendly Atmosphere in Downtown Minneapolis”

Brit's Pub & Eating Establishment
Ranked #62 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My sales rep and I had dinner at Brit's after a long day at a trade show down the street a the Minneapolis Convention Center. The atmosphere is pleasant and has the feel of a neighborhood pub. The food is British so my expectations were minimal. I had Bangers and Mash (Sausage and Mashed Potatoes with Onions which was surprisingly good. The service was excellent and we were actually able to carry on a conversation without shouting which is unusual for this type of establishment. It is conveniently located downtown and I have been told it is a popular hangout for TARGET headquarters employees as it is right across the street. A good choice for casual food and spirits when in Minneapolis.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

In our years of travel we have often found good English pubs and good food could not be found in the same place. Well, that is until now. Brit's has successfully combined good food and drinks. And based on the bar scene and crowd, a lot of people agree.

The warm glowing fireplaces, burning real wood, were most welcomed on a chilly winter's evening. The food, while not made overly complex, is good. We tried the steak sandwich and found it very good. While we intended on having a quick pint with our sandwiches, that was extended to several. What we did like was the beer was slightly more chilled in keeping with American preferences.

I am sure this will not be our only visit to Brit's and we look forward to another Fuller's in the near future. Cheers, Brit's!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Staff are very willing to look into food allergy issues. Service is not fast, but there is plenty to look at when you are seated outdoors. The lawn bowling was fun to watch. Rumor has it that there are movies played out doors some nights. Nice location. Good fish and chips, good Shepard's pie, decent tea.

Have eaten here several times in the summer months. Don't go on game day, it is too crowded.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Brit's is always a stop for me on my visits to downtown. I have eaten here many times and have enjoyed a drink even more! The fish and chips are wonderful as is there fish sandwich and I also enjoy their Shepards Pie. The feel of the place is definite British Pub and it is always a fun stop.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a cool spot in downtown Minneapolis! In town for a conference and our concierge suggested this stop, we were not disappointed! We stopped by around 11pm on a Wednesday and the place was packed, but we headed straight up to the roof and found a nice little nook on the balcony overlooking the roof-top lawn. Drinks were great, reasonably priced and service was quick. Watching others play boccie ball was entertaining. We didn't get out and play ourselves but next time we definitely will.