“Delicious food”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,946 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Local celebrates two decades of enduring loyalty and adoration for its many offerings, from an 80-foot bar featuring a hand-carved back bar, numerous nooks and crannies for exchanging secrets, and ample space in the Whiskey Lounge for telling flat-out lies. Celebrate the highs and the lows in our Boardroom, Kissing Room and private event rooms, The Hollow, The Sanctuary and The Choir. Our food comes from our scratch kitchen, with an exciting menu under the direction of culinary director Vincent Francoual.
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here with our children (7 and 10 years). We sat inside since the forecast called for rain. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful. We sat in a little alcove which was great. The staff were all very welcoming and attentive, and (most importantly) the food was excellent! I had a Reuben which was the best Reuben I have had to date. My husband had the pot roast and loved it. The kids meals were typical kids meals. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

A couple friends and I met up here for happy hour and we'll definitely be back! Loved the floor to ceiling wood paneling, drink specials, and atmosphere. 10/10 recommend!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Many choices to choose from and we selected The Local. We sat outside to observe the cars that were on display. I went with fish and chips and my wife went with corned beef. Both dishes were excellent and the service was excellent. Atmosphere was perfect. Travel safe...

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

First impression is the crowd outdoors...streets...activity...too much!

Push through that, walk in the front door.

Relative silence. Beautiful woodwork. Smiling staff.

I’m not one for crowds much anymore and this pub was a refuge...more importantly the staff was very engaging, smiling, and easy to interact with.

A con, The beer list is woefully short on good wheat. They do have a Guinness wheat which is good, but comes in smallish bottles. I’m not sure Paulander counts as a wheat...even though the company calls it one.

Now for the meal. The Reuben was SUPERB. I tried my friends fish and chips and it was quite good also. I recommend the mashed potatoes as a side with the Rueben...the potatoes were clearly fresh and homemade-loved them!

Top notch place, will return.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

This is a real nice place with good food, good service and a nice atmosphere. Prices were good. I'd go back again anytime.