“Just stopped for drinks.”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,945 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Local celebrates two decades of enduring loyalty and adoration for its many offerings, from an 80-foot bar featuring a hand-carved back bar, numerous nooks and crannies for exchanging secrets, and ample space in the Whiskey Lounge for telling flat-out lies. Celebrate the highs and the lows in our Boardroom, Kissing Room and private event rooms, The Hollow, The Sanctuary and The Choir. Our food comes from our scratch kitchen, with an exciting menu under the direction of culinary director Vincent Francoual.
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Just stopped for a quick drink on the patio. Great atmosphere and lots of beer options. Service was ok.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

We went here for drinks recently after International Music Day at Orchestra Hall. We sat at one of the patio tables outside on the Nicollet Mall. They were clean and some were available even though it was a BUSY Saturday night with the Aquatennial, International Music Day, and the Luke Bryan concert all happening.

Our server came to our table after a few minutes. I think we were at the top end of the post-concert rush so they started to get pretty busy. My husband ordered a pint of Strongbow ($7), our niece had a Diet Coke ($2.73), and our niece's friend and I had Sapphire Gin & Tonics ($8 ea.) The G&Ts were good.

Our server was very nice and competent, but there were long stretches we didn't see him. They probably needed more help on to handle the rush. I note that no panhandlers approached our table, so different from in Lowertown (St. Paul). Definitely will go back.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Business lunch while in town. Food was excellent. Berries and Brie (I had with tuna but chicken and streak an option).
Good beer menu with several Irish choices.
Outdoor seating plentiful on Nicolett which only has
Bus (natural gas, no black exhaust), bike and Police (thanks for your presence!) traffic only.
Will return.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

While I was involved in a conference at the Convention Center, my wife visited for lunch during the week of our visit. We returned that Saturday for lunch but found a stripped down lunch menu, missing most of the items she had described to me. We ended up having a bowl of soup and a beer, finding a suitable small lunch elsewhere. The only soup they had--their "signature" tomato soup--was nothing special, but it was good. And, what can I say about the beer? Almost everyone carries good local and specialty brews these days. We sat outside on a pleasant afternoon, so how can I complain?

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

During the summer the outdoor seating was a premium...even on a Sunday night. Being inside at the bar was great. A Guinness in an Irish Pub may sound cliche yet it works!