“Cozy, warm and inviting”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,831 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stopped in to the Local the other night looking for a drink and some bar food while in downtown Minneapolis. It was a Sunday night so we had no problem walking right in as downtown was like a ghost town.

We found the Local to be both cozy and vibrant at the same time. There were folks cheering on their favorite teams on the abundant TVs scattered around the bar and the cozy nooks and dark wood helped make the place feel warm and welcoming.

While this is more of a beer place, they had a couple of decent wines by the glass which we ordered along with a selection of appetizers. We got the "chicken shots" (a huge plate of delicious fried chicken nuggets coated in a satisfying whiskey glaze - think boneless wings with a sweeter sauce - they totally need another name for these), the cheese plate (yummy with 3 cheeses, fruit and crispy artisinal crackers) and pretzels (salty and steaming hot from the oven with a so-so cheese sauce). Having not been there before, we thought we'd get some appetizers then move on to other things on the menu but the sizes of these were more than the two of us could finish.

Guess we'll have to come back again sometime to try the rest of the menu.

Service was decent and friendly and you could easily while away some time here with friends if you weren't careful. All in all an great spot for food and drink.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love the Local and the staff are amazing! The food is of a bit higher quality at the Local than at Brit's, however, both are really fun spots. I really enjoy sitting at the bar in the Local and chatting with the bar tenders and enjoying a meal. In warm weather it is hard to beat the busy street action of their outdoor dining and just watching the people.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I visit Minneapolis twice a year for business and I make it a point to find time to stop at The Local. Even if it's for one drink, the restaurant/bar was a great atmosphere and the drink/food selections don't disappoint.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

While visiting from Florida I had the opportunity to return to Brit's. One of the few minneapolis pubs that knows how to pour a real Guiness! and the basic Pub food was awsome. Tomato Basil soup made me think I was back in Dublin. My son had a cheeseburger that he loved. I had the crispy fish sandwich. The home made tartar sauce was great. Hot , Fresh and Crisp chips added to the meal. Only one draw back. we took a table near the front door and wow.. even the double doored entrance couldnt stop the cold blast when people entered. Of course, me being from Florida didnt help!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here after seeing the Phantom of the Opera matin stuck in here after seeing the Phantom of the Opera, dinner was excellent. Our server Zack was very attentive. My husband had the tomato basil soup, and they made the top like a French onion with some bread and cheese.