“Nice Pub.. Good food, Great Beer!”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,822 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 30, 2013

While visiting from Florida I had the opportunity to return to Brit's. One of the few minneapolis pubs that knows how to pour a real Guiness! and the basic Pub food was awsome. Tomato Basil soup made me think I was back in Dublin. My son had a cheeseburger that he loved. I had the crispy fish sandwich. The home made tartar sauce was great. Hot , Fresh and Crisp chips added to the meal. Only one draw back. we took a table near the front door and wow.. even the double doored entrance couldnt stop the cold blast when people entered. Of course, me being from Florida didnt help!

There are newer reviews for The Local Irish Pub

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here after seeing the Phantom of the Opera matin stuck in here after seeing the Phantom of the Opera, dinner was excellent. Our server Zack was very attentive. My husband had the tomato basil soup, and they made the top like a French onion with some bread and cheese.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place is awesome. The atmosphere, décor, staff, drinks, food was fantastic. We were in town for the last Tower of Power concert at 9:00 pm and there was also some parade going on that night down Nicolette Mall that we didn't know about - but that and because it was cold and maybe because it was Saturday night - we couldn't get into a place to eat or even drink. I suggested THe Local after reading reviews on TripAdvisor so I called ahead and asked if they'd let us in to eat. They said - yes, but the wait was 45 mins - but we could come and stand at the bar and drink while waiting. PERFECT. So that is what we did - drinks were good, food was awesome (one person had the Chicken Pub Pie, Fish N Chips (Walleye for one and Cod for another) and Rueben. All of it was excellent - regular fries and sweet potato fries both delicious also. Highly recommend this place and will def go again.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Another must stop in Vikings land. We have such a great time here. The atmosphere is great. The bartenders are friendly the food is fabulous. Irish food yummy. Never a bad meal have been going there for 11 Yrs.
I highly recommend you check this place out. Walking distance from the dome.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

On November 23rd (Saturday night) six of us met for dinner prior to a show. While being served, although it wasn't the servers fault, a glass broke spilling 16 ozs. of beer into the laps of two of our friends. They were pretty wet. The manager came over and after asking if anyone was cut, drifted away without offering any compensation. We all agreed that buying a drink or desert or something for our two wet friends should have been offered.

The food was fine, but because they don't appear to need repeat business, we won't be back.