“Great Atmosphere”

The Local Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Local Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,853 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Local celebrates two decades of enduring loyalty and adoration for its many offerings, from an 80-foot bar featuring a hand-carved back bar, numerous nooks and crannies for exchanging secrets, and ample space in the Whiskey Lounge for telling flat-out lies. Celebrate the highs and the lows in our Boardroom, Kissing Room and private event rooms, The Hollow, The Sanctuary and The Choir. Our food comes from our scratch kitchen, with an exciting menu under the direction of culinary director Vincent Francoual.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went here for a drink on a recommendation. Found it quite nice and stayed on for dinner. There was a new menu and the bartender's food recommendations worked quite well.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went one night for drinks. They have booths and "rooms" in the corners of the building. We all pulled our bar stools around fit about 15 in a corner booth. I liked the 2 Gingers so well I had to have two! The burger sliders with caramelized onions were just what I needed for a late-night snack.
We also got the brunch buffet the morning after the wedding and it was delicious! Get more of the cheesy potatoes!

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

For starters, we had a great server named Morgan. Since we were in town visiting from Chicago, she was great about offering information, suggesting breakfast and inquiring about our stay. The entire staff was friendly and helpful by delivering new drinks and taking away plates. I couldn't imagine a better getaway breakfast on our way out of town than their buffet. Couldn't beat it for $12.99! All we could eat with a drink (including mimosas or bloody marys). Some of the highlights included the fresh yogurt and fruit, incredible scalloped potato mash, gooey cinnamon rolls and the best sausage gravy I have ever had. The ambiance of this place is off the charts and while we enjoyed our enclosed window booth for breakfast, I can only imagine how cool this place is at night sitting down for drinks at the bar. NEXT TIME, FOR SURE!!! I would love to come back here again!

1  Thank playmaker16
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Coming from the UK I visited this pub on the recommendation from our hotel.

Great pub food. Bison burger was fantastic but the beer was available to sample. Loved it.

Plus my little girl was given crayons and some paper to draw on.

Great place to go for a good pint and some food.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The atmosphere was electric with many young professionals getting a start on the weekend. The menu has a good variety and daily evening specials - fried fish nuggets on Friday night. The tables are situated (I would call them semi-snugs.) so that you have a bit of privacy, which is nice because it does get a bit difficult to talk without shouting. Great selection of Irish Whiskey, wines, Guiness and ales!