“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Wilde Roast Cafe
Ranked #103 of 1,781 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: University / Dinkytown
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

There was a wait to be seated outside, so we sat at a table by the bar. We weren't waited on, but went up to the bartender to get drinks. Once seated outside, the service was good, the food good. Beautiful view on a nice night.

• Visited August 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Crab Cakes during Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of our favorite places to go for happy hour. Good beer selection and crab cakes are the best around. Can't wait to go back and try out the calamari. Earlier visits we enjoyed deviled eggs and artichoke dip. Patio seating is a must during summer and fall. Beautiful river view.

• Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food, Bad Serivce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently ate here for the first time and the atmosphere and food were wonderful. However, the service was disappointing. Our server (I don't know his name because he wasn't wearing a nametag and he didn't tell us) didn't know what a white wine spritzer was, so my mother got a glass of wine she didn't want. Then when he came back with our drinks he slammed them down on the table so hard we all jumped. I don't know if it was a depth perception problem or what but he did the same thing with our plates when the food came out. Also, our food took about 30 minutes which I thought was too long considering it wasn't at all busy. I will give this place another try because we all loved our food - but I don't have high hopes for the service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We travel a lot and this is one of the very best brunches we've ever had. My husband had the french toast and I had the gouda hash browns and veggie strata. Our son had whole grain pancakes that were very unique- still not sure what was in them but he loved them. They were huge! Served with real maple syrup. Simply delicious! It's nice to find a place that has espresso drinks with breakfast. You may have to wait, but it is well worth it. If you're in a hurry, go to a fast food place. This is about the experience. You can sit outdoors on the street and enjoy the foot traffic through the riverside park across the street, but the wait could be as long as an hour. We opted for indoors and got immediate seating on a Sunday around 11 am. If you don't have an hour, you can also purchase coffee and muffins, etc. to go. It looked like a great option. We saw several families just take their stuff to the park.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Food, Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

So if I am going to pay $40 for brunch I expect it to be a good place.
The food is good. I just don't understand why the staff is socializing so much in the back room and so slow to service. I ordered one thing and they brought me something else.....we were in a time bind so I couldn't wait 15 more minutes until I got the correct item. The waitress really didn't seem to care.....this place needs to "fess up, and hire some decent staff"

Visited August 2013