“Regular stand by”

Great Wall Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #1,211 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is our go to Chinese food place. It has been much the same for 20 years. The food is quality and you will pay a bit more than other places. We mostly get pick up. I really wish they would deliver, would be hugely busy. The shrimp fried rice and fried dumplings are standard part of our order. The mandarin chicken with vegetables is delicious. I feel like the quality of meat in the dishes is far superior to other local Chinese food places. The ambiance lacks a bit in the restaurant itself but the service is excellent. We get their take out a couple times a month and we always get the quality we expect. You can get brown rice for a small substitution fee.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We don't eat Chinese often, but we do enjoy it and this is one of our stand-bys. Always good service, ready as promised (for take-out), prepared as stated on the menu. Four entrees plus one app and one side for 3 adults and 2 children totalled $72.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had never been to the Great Wall until 6 months ago. I was surprised at the quality of the food. Several of the things I've tried have been better than the same item at my favorite restaurants! This is worth your time to try as you'll be back again.

1  Thank KateN347
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This storefront cafe has been in the same location for over 30 years, and it's still about the best traditional Asian cafe around. You get what you pay for -not cheap but they don't skimp on good ingredients. Their kung pao shrimp had the best sauce and biggest shrimps hands down. It's OK to order the beef here-good quality and they use the gourmet mushrooms.Good plum wine also. I wish it was in my neighborhood-would be there at least 1X week. They have a sister restaurant, different name, off Hwy 394 in St. Louis Park , Park Place-same menu.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good food ,many choices..I go there for the many choices ..Excellent value .The France ave restaurant has terrible parking.