“Best Meal in Minneapolsi”

Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucia's Restaurant and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,807 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown
Reno, Nevada
“Best Meal in Minneapolsi”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband visited Lucia's a couple years ago on a business trip and I've been waiting to share the experience. It was worth the wait and will be on our list with each return visit to Minneapolis - outstanding food, flavors, service, seating. Thank you for an outstanding meal.

• Visited October 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great wine bar with wonderful service”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

OK, I love wine. But I also love great service. At Lucia's you can get both. Not to mention the food is excellent - and they have gluten free options. It's a well-loved local restaurant and Lucia is an amazing woman with great stories. She is often there and makes sure everything is running perfectly.

Did I mention they have to-die-for GLUTEN FREE baked goods? (yes - they have regular gluten baked goods, too, but I haven't tried them). :)

• Visited May 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Go to spot when I don't want to cook...”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Lucia's (both the restaurant and the wine bar) is the place I continue to turn to when I want tasty, healthy food in a great, comforting setting. The wine list is well chosen and fairly priced, with some sustainable options. The vegetarian dinner option is nearly always fantastic, and one I frequently choose (despite being a meat lover!) The desserts are made in house; this is one of the few places I'll order dessert, knowing it will be as good as if I'd made it myself. The service is always good and friendly, never over done.

• Visited September 2012
central Canada
“Locals Love it for Good Reason”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

When my brother-in-law lived in Minneapolis (St. Louis Park area) a few years ago, Lucia's was a favourite spot, especially for brunch. He was not alone. It's easy to why locals love the food - but travellers should not be discouraged by the Uptown / Lyn-Lake location. For one thing, there's a parking lot, and even without GPS Lucia's is far from off the beaten track. For another, the food is so good and such good value that this neighbourhood gem is well worth venturing out of the downtown or hotel locale (where, let's face it, the options are usually pricey and uninspired).

We started our dinner with a glass of wine and the medium sized 'snack board'... which included a great selection of antipasti and house-made charcuterie. Excellent start! I then tried one of the best pizzas I've tasted in recent years -and I'm not easy to please, especially when it comes to crusts. Lucia's crust was perfect. The toppings (including goat cheese and spinach) were generous and fresh. I would return on the strength of that pizza alone - but all the items we sampled were of the same high quality so I may have to work my way through the entire dinner menu....and then move on to lunch and brunch! The wine list is as extensive as you'd hope in a wine bar....lots of good, reasonably priced, by-the-glass options.

Our server was as knowledgeable and helpful about the wine as she was about the menu. She was most definitely NOT one of those overly-friendly, obsequious charmers who routinely pronounce every item on the menu as 'fabulous'. She was a well-informed young woman who listened to what we asked and was able to give informed opinions/suggestions about what we might like. High marks to Lucia's for hiring and/or training staff that adds to the dining experience instead of diminishing it.

The space itself is charming and simple, with high ceilings and just the right level of lighting to make the space feel warm and intimate without the need for flashlights to read the menu.

For food,service, location and value you won't be disappointed with Lucia's.

• Visited September 2012
“Ladies lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Organic and locally grown food, served in an interesting manner. This is a great place for a ladies lunch or dinner with a best friend.

1 Thank Sandy H